Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

worst truck I have ever owned.
By voeter01

2007 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this truck it was three years old and had 52000 miles on it. Sense I bought this truck I have had to have the intake manifold replaced it cracked and leaked water all over the engine,shorting out the spark plugs. The alternator burned out. The starter motor went bad.The rubber seal around the windshield has started falling apart and leaking. The interior is falling apart. The instrument panel cluster has gone bad, which I have not had fixed because of the cost. When I bought this truck I considered Ford as the best truck built. Now I would never buy another one! The truck now has 108000 miles on it. Ford has refused to acknowledge they have had any problems.

Nickle and dimes you to bankruptcy!
By Scott Sells

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the worst trucks ever made. I can't believe people have honestly rated it this high (I suspect Ford had a hand in this). Luckily I got this used after the spark plug problem. Cam phasers went at about 200kms, $2000+ to fix. $1700+ to replace the garbage driveshaft. Constantly replacing the tie rod ends and ball joints (again poor design by Ford - Not "Ford tough"). The truck is enjoyable to drive, but it is a money pit, and as a Ford lover it is a HUGE let down. It will be a long time before I could ever consider buying a Ford again. They made a garbage truck and refused to stand behind it. I'll be looking for a Toyota or Honda next. Anything but Ford.

My favorite feature is the 300 or 400 kms I get to drive it before it needs major repairs again.

What are "Cam phasers" anyway? Stop making them, stop putting them in trucks. Use quality parts, not the throw away cheap garbage Ford uses. Make the truck easier/cheaper to work on. $1000 brake job? $2000 cam phasers? etc etc etc. Owning this truck will nickel and dime you to death.

Ford F150 Lariat
By slim1950

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new, have over 120,000 on it. Have had every oil change done with Joe Machens in Columbia MO. Have not had any problems with my truck at all. It is a great truck.

Comfortable leather heated seats, pull travel trailer with ease.

Bad Ford Design
By spedie

2007 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in May 2013 with 95K on it, one previous owner. Truck now has 100,3xx on it. I took it to the dealers for the 2 part spark plug problem of which 3 of the 8 broke off. Cost: $674. Then shortly after was pulling away from a stop light. The center bearing went. Found out shortly that truck has "disposable drive shaft" and center bearing cannot be replaced. Cost: $1400. Picked up truck from that repair, only to find out that left front wheel bearing is now bad. Estimated cost will be over $400 IF the rotor is not damaged. I have had truck only 15 months, drove only 5K miles with it. Good maintenance records from 1st owner. BAD truck with a bad design. Don't buy one.

Roomy cab, nice design on the inside. Too bad I cannot enjoy it as truck sits outside with no ability to drive it as I save for the next $1K repair.

Stop designing trucks that parts cannot be repaired without major expense. A $50 center bearing shouldn't cost $1400 to repair. Spark plug replacement shouldn't cost over $600!

Best in Class
By kingranch07

2007 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the 2007 King Ranch back last year and it roughly had 62,000 on her. As of today I have 82,584 and I love her. I call her Kinga Rancha. I have had truly no absolutely no problems with her. Nothing mechanical at all. I service her regularly. The interior has that saddle leather, which is very comfortable and the memory seat for the driver is nice. I had installed a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler with dual exhaust, a K&N cold air intake and soon very soon a programmer to up the governor to change the speed and fuel economy. I have all my windows tinted at 5% and two 12" subs with 2500 Sundown amp. I added some neon lights inside and underneath the truck. Car Show coming soon.

Saddle Leather, Premium sound system. Memory seat for driver. Back up camera, and DVD player in the back. 20" rims are a nice touch.

Better gas mileage, Bigger and better engine for that size of truck.