Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Nickle and dimes you to bankruptcy!
By Scott Sells

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the worst trucks ever made. I can't believe people have honestly rated it this high (I suspect Ford had a hand in this). Luckily I got this used after the spark plug problem. Cam phasers went at about 200kms, $2000+ to fix. $1700+ to replace the garbage driveshaft. Constantly replacing the tie rod ends and ball joints (again poor design by Ford - Not "Ford tough"). The truck is enjoyable to drive, but it is a money pit, and as a Ford lover it is a HUGE let down. It will be a long time before I could ever consider buying a Ford again. They made a garbage truck and refused to stand behind it. I'll be looking for a Toyota or Honda next. Anything but Ford.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the 300 or 400 kms I get to drive it before it needs major repairs again.

Suggested Improvements

What are "Cam phasers" anyway? Stop making them, stop putting them in trucks. Use quality parts, not the throw away cheap garbage Ford uses. Make the truck easier/cheaper to work on. $1000 brake job? $2000 cam phasers? etc etc etc. Owning this truck will nickel and dime you to death.

Ford F150 Lariat
By slim1950

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new, have over 120,000 on it. Have had every oil change done with Joe Machens in Columbia MO. Have not had any problems with my truck at all. It is a great truck.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather heated seats, pull travel trailer with ease.

Bad Ford Design
By spedie

2007 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in May 2013 with 95K on it, one previous owner. Truck now has 100,3xx on it. I took it to the dealers for the 2 part spark plug problem of which 3 of the 8 broke off. Cost: $674. Then shortly after was pulling away from a stop light. The center bearing went. Found out shortly that truck has "disposable drive shaft" and center bearing cannot be replaced. Cost: $1400. Picked up truck from that repair, only to find out that left front wheel bearing is now bad. Estimated cost will be over $400 IF the rotor is not damaged. I have had truck only 15 months, drove only 5K miles with it. Good maintenance records from 1st owner. BAD truck with a bad design. Don't buy one.

Favorite Features

Roomy cab, nice design on the inside. Too bad I cannot enjoy it as truck sits outside with no ability to drive it as I save for the next $1K repair.

Suggested Improvements

Stop designing trucks that parts cannot be repaired without major expense. A $50 center bearing shouldn't cost $1400 to repair. Spark plug replacement shouldn't cost over $600!

Best in Class
By kingranch07

2007 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the 2007 King Ranch back last year and it roughly had 62,000 on her. As of today I have 82,584 and I love her. I call her Kinga Rancha. I have had truly no absolutely no problems with her. Nothing mechanical at all. I service her regularly. The interior has that saddle leather, which is very comfortable and the memory seat for the driver is nice. I had installed a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler with dual exhaust, a K&N cold air intake and soon very soon a programmer to up the governor to change the speed and fuel economy. I have all my windows tinted at 5% and two 12" subs with 2500 Sundown amp. I added some neon lights inside and underneath the truck. Car Show coming soon.

Favorite Features

Saddle Leather, Premium sound system. Memory seat for driver. Back up camera, and DVD player in the back. 20" rims are a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, Bigger and better engine for that size of truck.

Ford F150 2007 110,000 mile owner
By mnfordf150

2007 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the truck has been a good buy. I have the SXT model and the power is sufficent for pulling trailers of wood or boats, etc. I have the rubber floor and the roll down windows with a cloth interior. Only extras are the AC and the cruise control.

Favorite Features

Nice simple interior. Its a truck and it gets dirty so it needs to be easy to clean. It doesn't have a ton of nooks and crannies that need to be cleaned with a brush or anything. Entire interior surface is pretty flat and cleans up well with the exception of the arm rest, see suggested improvements for more on that. Doors open and close nice, 4 wheel drive allows you to go anywhere with the truck. have driven it to Colorado from MN and back and it was pretty comfy considering the length of the drive.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements that must be made for me to buy another FORD: The ford emblem on the grill looks like it has been through 2 world wars and it is only 6 years old. Door arm rests are of a material that allows dirt into the pores of the rubber but can not be extracted. Front bumper very rusty from bugs and rocks hitting it, better paint or coating or bumper cover? Ridiculous amount of repairs, $2000 in engine work for a new intake manifold because the plastic one warped, coil packs all went out, upper control arms shot after 90,000 miles. Ford tough? Quality is job one? Not for my truck