2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: What a great truck!

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

What a great truck!
By John L. on

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have really been enjoying this truck. Yeah the fuel economy isn't great, but it IS a truck, ya know? Ride quality is excellent and it has more pick-up than I expected. It handles well - more responsive that I would have thought. The cab is quiet and very comfortable. The days of bouncing down the road in your truck on that uncomfortable bench seat are over. My wife was afraid to drive it at first, but now she says it's just like driving a car. I have been both surprised and impressed with this vehicle.

The smooth running engine and the quiet cab. It has a very solid feel. The ride is great and it's extremely well-mannered on the highway. The standard fog lamps look great. I also love the fact that it's American made. Support the home team!

I do wish it had a couple of options. A light in the glove box would be nice. The area under the dash by the pedals seems "unfinished" - the carpet just ends and is kind of hanging there. A left foot rest would have been great. A rear window defogger too. More interior storage would be useful.