This may help!
By Dan on
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
3rd Ford truck, and still impressed!. I have the 06' 4 door supercab 5.4 L Triton. If you have the water leak, it's coming from the high mount lamp exterior. a simple bead of clear silicone around the edges of the lamp has permanently resolved this! Why bother with the dealership? USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!. I have heard the 5.4 L Triton has less oil to the top half problems if this is an issue. I have NEVER had a single problem with ANY of my Ford trucks, but, I have learned a few tricks about their little quirks. GREAT TRUCKS!, and come on guys/girls, we aren't driving a 4cyll Toyota coupe, we are driving a 5500 lb V-8 truck, so lets not complain about gas mileage huh?
Favorite Features
Looks!, ride!, power, reliability!
Suggested Improvements
the fuel sensor! when I hit the gas, I don't want a 3 second delay..
By smoo4asw
on 10/29/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

We have a 2003 Ford F-150 (got way too good a deal to pass up on a SuperCab that carries the whole family) with the 4.6 liter Triton and we love it, we can't stand the thought of getting a bigger size engine that doesn't stay lubricated without expensive oil as we had to buy a vehicle that was built Ford tough but wouldn't require the level of attention that you can afford. I like that you can use it. I'm glad Ford makes trucks for everyone that wants one!