2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: So far I love it

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

So far I love it

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just leased the '06 FX4 SuperCrew after driving a BMW, Volvo and Benz in that order. I had an F-150 about 9 years ago. My how things have changed. I researched a lot of trucks, especially the new Ram since we get family pricing, but it could not match the quality that I found with the Ford. The interior is what ultimately did it for me. I still feel like I am in my C230 Kompressor. The ride will take some getting used to, but I love being able to see the road. My kids and wife love it. There's a lot of room in the back and my wife says she is more comfortable in the truck than any of my previous cars. The engine is a little sluggish for such a big V8, but it handles well for such a big vehicle.

The interior design is awesome, great seats (black leather captains chairs) and instrumentation, love the exterior styling of the FX4 (have black with grey lower two tone with the chrome step bars and 18" wheels with Goodyear tires). I like like the sight lines from behind the wheel and the deep bed.

More places to put things inside. Even though the middle console is big it is just a big box. Need a place for CD's etc. 6 disc CD changer is very slow to load and seek to the next song. Heated seats in the FX4, standard lights in the glove box and vanity mirror. Over $41,000 and no lights there, c'mon!