Problems Every 10k Miles
By hdjock on
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my truck brand new in 2006 and right at every 10k miles up to my 70k mile mark I have had problems of every kind. If it wasn't the window controls on the driver side it was the CatCon going out and running me almost $2500. My truck has been good as far as getting from place to place but gas mileage is horrible, it used to get 450 miles to a 26 gal tank, now it barely gets 300 so be prepared for that. This is not a truck used for work or any kind of off-roading. The other thing that I can't stand is how the 4x4 works. You have to put it into nuetral to switch the 4x4 in, then you have to put it into drive then nuetral then reverse and then back into drive for it to kick in.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature would have to be that it has plenty of cup holders. Thats about it.
By bsulmtp
on 05/29/12 02:17 AM (PDT)

Bought my 2006 Lariat Supercrew, 6.5 bed used with 20,000 on it. It now has 69,000 miles. The drivers 's side window switch is starting to give me problems and I replaced the lower ball joints. While replacing the ball joints, I noticed the plastic 4 X 4 lines on the passenger side are cracked/broken. The truck is roomy and comfortable and does everything I need. Power is fine and reliability is exceptional. Biggest gripe is fuel mileage is terrible for the power level. Comparable GM has more power and better mileage.