Nice job Ford!
By Rob on
2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
Traded in my 04 Tundra that I had been leasing to purchase the F-150. The King Ranch model could not be matched by any other truck. I had considered the Titan but found that the reliability on the Nissan was less than acceptable. The Dodge had the most horribly unstable ride (felt like I was on a boat) and the Chevy is just plain dull looking. Overall my F-150 has been a real pleasure to drive, you almost forget you're in a truck. But, when you need to pull a trailer or haul a load, the Ford performs like a champ. Not the fastest truck 0-60 (due mainly to its hefty weight) but it will pull just about anything. My biggest complaint is the ride can be bumpy at times due to a short wheelbase.
Favorite Features
Quality of interior components. Sleek exterior appearance. Brakes and suspension perform well on the road. Best insurance institute crash test rating of any truck made (probably the biggest factor for me being a father of two).
Suggested Improvements
Ride can be choppy at times, most often when there is no load in bed. With some payload the problem goes away. Resale value is awful, Ford continues to increase rebates and incentives which drives resale down. My truck lost 40% of its value as soon as I drove it off the lot.