Need some power - look elsewhere!
By Mike Keating on
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my 06 F150 Supercrew 4.6 litre in October of 2006. This was the 1st new truck I had ever owned, man have I been disapointed. Under normal driving conditions I suppose for most the power of the 4.6 litre is adequete. As soon as I hooked my 19 ft boat up to it man where'd the power go Ford? With my Chevy I never even knew the boat was back there, not with this motor. If you plan to haul even the smallest camper/boat do not get an F150 with the 4.6 litre, it's awful! If you are looking for a pickup that drives like a car, buy it. If you need a truck with some power for work/play dont buy an F150 w/ this motor. Overall as soon as I can financially trade this Ford F150 in its gone!
Favorite Features
This truck truly drives like a large car. It handles really really well considering its a truck. The am/fm stereo/6 disk cd changer is great!
Suggested Improvements
No storage at all. The truck comes with no locking glove box. If I go to get this vehicle serviced/oil change etc there is no where to lock up anything. The gas mileage is horrible! I know its a small v8 but man this truck has no power, come on Ford its still a truck.
By frozentundram
on 03/02/14 10:02 AM (PST)

If you tow, you need the 5.4 engine. The 4.6 is not meant for towing. Mine with the 5.4 has been great, towing a 5000lb travel trailer thru the mtns (up to 9000ft).