King Ranch Long Bed
By casonet on
2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I ordered my King Ranch Super Crew 4X2 with the optional 6.5 foot bed in the fall of 2005. I was concerned that the truck would be too long and look awkward, but was surprised when it was not. I had previously had two 2004 XLT models and had lots of problems with both of them. The 2006 model is like night and day. I have had no problems whatsoever with this new truck. Comfort, style, quietness and quality are all superb. Fuel economy is so so at 16.0 mpg and the performance is OK, but nothing to get excited about. But, what the heck, this is a large, and heavy vehicle, not a sports car. Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend the King Ranch to anyone looking for a luxury truck.
Favorite Features
Luxury interior, leather seats, awesome audiophile stereo system, comfortable ride and handling, large passenger area in the super crew, and that bank vault quiet interior even at highway speeds. Lastly, the transmission is a HUGE improvement with seamless shifts and quick down shifts. Overall great!
Suggested Improvements
Engine needs more oomph. Accelerator pedal is too close to the driver even with it in its lowest position. Needs telescoping steering wheel. Needs elevated left foot rest. Needs side curtain air bags. Satellite radio is difficult to figure out and use. A navigation system would be nice.