I love this truck
By Gary Clontz on
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I was sorry to read about all the problems some owners are having with their F-150. I guess I got a good one. 65,000 miles and no major problems. The driver's side electric window switch has become intermittent, which is annoying. And the Ford emblem on the front has become opaque and looks bad. The cloth seats stain easily and no amount of cleaning gets them real clean. I switched over to 100% synthetic oil at about 30,000 miles. Still haven't replaced the plugs and tranny is fine so far. I have the 5.4 Triton engine, which I think is pretty good and necessary for this heavy truck. I got the tow package and towed a full heavy trailer no sweat. At 65,000, still have orig. brakes and battery.
Favorite Features
The RIDE and HANDLING. Way better than my old 1996 F-150. The styling is very good, IMO. Classier looking than Chevy or Dodge. Nice and roomy inside. Pretty quiet as well. The truck feels tight and solid to drive, with plenty of power for me with the 5.4 Triton engine.
Suggested Improvements
Better cloth on the seats. They stain and mar easily, and are hard to clean. Gas mileage isn't very good, about 14 mph. But it's a big engine in a heavy truck. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my experience with this truck and think the designers hit a home run with it. I wouldn't change much