2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: I just don't know

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

I just don't know
By David on

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My '06 Lariat Supercrew seems to be morphing into an XLT. All the gold and tan interior and exterior trim colors are already beginning to wear off their surfaces. Power from the 5.4L is shamefully bad above 2000 rpm. Mileage is 12 city and I've never seen anything past 17 highway, but it's about what I expected. Overall build quality is fairly good, but I think my old '97 F-150 was a more solid truck. Time will tell with this 2006 model. These seats are not leather. They're some kind of really cheap imitation of leather. They definitely feel very cheap. If given the chance, I don't think I would buy this truck again. I did mention the awful engine performance, didn't I?

Interior/exterior design. Ride height. Power sunroof and rear window. Nice, big fuel tank. Reliability has been very good. Quiet, comfortable ride on the highway. Reverse sensing/warning system. Pretty decent-sounding audiophile stereo system.

The engine is pathetic. Start over, Ford, if your company can last long enough. Leather seats need real leather. Some plastic interior surfaces feel too hard, slick, and hollow. Oil filter very hard to access.