2006 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great truck but weak A/C

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck but weak A/C in AZ
By wm link on

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am really impressed with nearly all of this vehicle in first 100 miles. Interior design is SHARP and beyond comparison...but how did Ford goof up the air conditioning (2004-06 design) over prior models? Ford A/C had been ICE cold...nearly meat locker rated for years. I rated the truck as 9 over 10 under the comfort, build design and reliability due to the disappointing A/C. The drive is quiet but performance seems lacking over my 1998 model with same 5.4 engine...yet has more HP, that I cannot feel. Is it a numbers game? So far I am recommending this truck with reservations on the A/C. I hold out optimism that the A/C can be massaged a few degrees cooler.

Favorite Features

I like everything about the truck except the A/C. The dash design and color contrasts are MUCH appreciated over what is available in other makes. The gauge package is sharp as well...night illumination very attractive. Two tone paint should have been kept standard equipment on the Lariats.

Suggested Improvements

Could you (Ford) please put back in the $8.25 that I am guessing you actually saved on each A/C unit so we have decent A/C in such a nice vehicle. I had a 56 Cadillac with a better factory A/C! Engine performance I was expecting to be BETTER than my 98 model of the same engine.