2006 Ford F-150 4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Good machine

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Good machine
By Coloradoguy on

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Though I have extremely low mileage on my truck, I have been very pleased with it overall. Suspension is very stiff, but that adds to payload capacity and handling, therefore worth it. The rack and pinion steering does require driving proficiency, so not for everyone (I like it). Mileage is better than average in real world use. Mostly city is about 18 and highway I have gotten 21.5 (in mountains), using 85 octane. The five speed manual is a bit on the stiff side, but feels very stout as one would expect for a truck transmission. CD Stereo has amazing sound quality.

Favorite Features

High profile for 2wd truck. Virtually no lean on cornering. CD stereo has exceptional sound quality. Fuel economy in actual use is very good. Stainless exhaust system. Brakes are awesome! Huge rotors front and rear and they work. Mine is red and looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting 5spd (suprisingly it is made in Japan??). Armrest really needs storage area. Window crank placement stinks! Power of 6 is ok with 5 spd, but 4.2 liters could do more..