Good, but could be the absolute best
By tom21769 on
2006 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This week I traded in my first F150, a one-owner 1994 green XL 4x4, for a new silver 2006 SLX 4x4. In other words, a slightly upgraded version of the same truck. The old truck had served me well for 12 years. It still had original parts except for the water pump and gas tank. Its last task was over Memorial Day weekend when I used it to yank 25 feet of corrugated steel drainage pipe, 2' diameter, out from a heavy clay pond embankment. I'd like to have kept it another 2-5 years, but with 2 teenage drivers in the family, I wanted the improved safety engineering of the newer trucks.
Favorite Features
I was most impressed by the improved safety engineering and the superb ride. This is now a very strong, heavy truck, probably the safest light truck on the market by a good margin, at least in terms of structural design (if not features).
Suggested Improvements
1. Add stability control and side curtain airbags as an option (at least) across the line 2. Put Volvo-style head restraints (best in the industry) on all seats 3. Improve the dashboard plastics 4. Add seat-back pockets (maps and contract papers, anyone?).