Dan's Triton motor update!
By dan1085 on
2006 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Here's my update. I'm the "Dan" guy who posts about 3rd Ford truck and still impressed. I finally started to get a misfire. Dealership said it didn't throw ONE SINGLE CODE (like all other keep posting about) no cam phasers, sensors, lifters etc. Replaced all 8 plugs, and misfire is resolved as of yesterday. NOT ONE BROKE!, only 56k, but still 6 years old. I really think the 2 piece spark plug design is horrible and YES causing a lot of you financial hardship, however....change them at or before 60k. I really think that any V-8 not changing plugs til 120k, like I keep reading will obviously give someone a lot of trouble removing. Use Mobil-1 5w-20w, NOT the old fashioned sludge 10w-40
Favorite Features
Looks, ride, room, power, reliability. The model suggestions didn't give me the option to select 5.4L XLT 5.5ft bed, but thats what I have in the Supercab.
Suggested Improvements
Poor AC, takes too long to cool. The spark plug issue, and for god sake it's a 330ci engine with only 300HP??? come on now, oh well, I didn't buy it to race Cobra Mustangs, and GTO's.