City Boy Truck
By howard on
2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)
I use this truck for towing jet and ski boats, four wheelers, snow mobiles and often have a four wheeler in the bed. About 20,000 miles into this truck the brakes went bad and Ford told me, "I drive the truck wrong," and did not stand by their product. I have 2 other friends one has a 07 Ford F-150 and his brakes are going out as well and the other friend has a 2005 and has replaced the brakes 3 times. Brakes on these trucks are terrible. My rotors are shot and it about jumps off the road everytime I stop. I would not recommend this truck to anyone that actually uses a truck for pulling and hauling. I can't wait for my lease to be up so I can get out. The truck looks good and that's it.
Favorite Features
It tows good with enough power you just can't stop anything you tow. Stereo sounds good even though I had it replaced under warranty once. Higher bed looks good and tail gate is light. Rims look good. Back seats are roomy and comfortable. Lots of storage in the doors. Not a lot of blind spots.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger brakes, better paint on decals. I have had them replaced, better fuel economy, redesign cab if back windows are down the noise is unreal, stregthen the bed my fourwheeler has dented the front of the bed from stopping, make the seat belt beeper less noisy. If it had brakes I would own another.