Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

King Ranch Supercrew
By Roger Fellers

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with my King Ranch. I would like better gas mileage, however.

Favorite Features

Interior leather and design.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

F-150 No wonder it is the top seller!
By GSS

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 13 months of owning my F-150 SuperCrew I am still excited each time I drive it. It is solid, comfortable, looks great inside and out (even after 13 months with 2 kids).

Favorite Features

Ride comfort is excellent, build quality very good, interior look and feel best of any truck I have seen, love the overhead sliding rails for storage bins & entertainment system. The flat floor and fold up seats are very handy!

Suggested Improvements

My only wish is that it came with a better base braking system (seems a little old-fashioned). Also would like to see a locking rear differential to help get through the slippery winters and over uneven terrain.

Awesome pickup
By pipelineguy

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My F-150 King Ranch is the most comfortable and easy to drive pickup I have ever owned. It is an excellent tow vehicle. We pull a 25' travel trailer and the towing stability and tracking is great. The only negative comment I have concerns fuel economy - however, I purchased this model for the comfort, features and Ford reliability. Hopefully, Ford will offer a diesel at some point in time. The bottom line is that this is an fantastic vehicle!

Favorite Features

Interior styling and comfort, especially the front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel engine, 6 speed transmission, air suspension.

A truck's truck
By Chris

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great full-sized truck. I especially like the 6.5ft bed and reverse sensing system. Looks great, drives great, but if you're not used to big trucks, it will be scary the first time you park. Interior is little on the bland side, but that's not why I bought it (maybe better in the more expensive models). Interior storage is the only disadvantage, there isn't any! Gas mileage is typical for a V8. The Flex-fuel engine is cool (although E85 is still too pricey/limited for regular use). It would help to have the cylinder-disabling system that other V8s have. Tows like a dream, you forget the trailer is even there. A word of caution, this truck does not fit in a standard garage.

Favorite Features

6.5 ft bed, reverse sensing system (must have), Flex-fuel V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cubby holes for tie-downs and tools (e.g. like Tundra), cylinder disabling system for highway fuel economy, iPod interface would be cool.

What a great truck!
By John L.

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have really been enjoying this truck. Yeah the fuel economy isn't great, but it IS a truck, ya know? Ride quality is excellent and it has more pick-up than I expected. It handles well - more responsive that I would have thought. The cab is quiet and very comfortable. The days of bouncing down the road in your truck on that uncomfortable bench seat are over. My wife was afraid to drive it at first, but now she says it's just like driving a car. I have been both surprised and impressed with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The smooth running engine and the quiet cab. It has a very solid feel. The ride is great and it's extremely well-mannered on the highway. The standard fog lamps look great. I also love the fact that it's American made. Support the home team!

Suggested Improvements

I do wish it had a couple of options. A light in the glove box would be nice. The area under the dash by the pedals seems "unfinished" - the carpet just ends and is kind of hanging there. A left foot rest would have been great. A rear window defogger too. More interior storage would be useful.