2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Well Done
By Bernie on 04/10/07 02:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Solid truck. Surprised by price vs quality. Went to get a Dodge Ram. Upset at first. Fuel economy is great. Plenty of get up. Would not put a plow on it.

Won't be disapointed
By Ford Truck on 03/05/07 22:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is wonderful off road. I have taken it up steep grades and through lots of mud. You can really have a lot of fun and it handles wonderfully off road. It has great power and tows good. Beats Chevrolet and Dodge hands down. No interior of any competitor can even come CLOSE! Bumpers are heavy duty and can withstand just about anything.

06 F150
By 602pipewing on 02/11/07 20:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The only thing that the truck needs is stronger rear suspension and a little more low end power. Easily fixed by airbag suspension and a few performance upgrades.

the best truck i've ever owned
By ford truck man! on 02/06/07 13:53 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When they say "Built Ford Tough" they're right 100%! I bought the truck new as a left over 2006 model, and so far, nothing has been a problem. I love this truck. It tops all of the other six trucks I've ever owned. It has a rugged, tough truck look, and a car-like plushy interior. I went looking for a truck, expecting to find one that i liked, but when i drove the F-150 out on a test drive, i loved every inch of it!

King Ranch Supercrew
By Roger Fellers on 01/25/07 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with my King Ranch. I would like better gas mileage, however.

F-150 No wonder it is the top seller!
By GSS on 01/21/07 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 13 months of owning my F-150 SuperCrew I am still excited each time I drive it. It is solid, comfortable, looks great inside and out (even after 13 months with 2 kids).

Awesome pickup
By pipelineguy on 01/13/07 06:04 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My F-150 King Ranch is the most comfortable and easy to drive pickup I have ever owned. It is an excellent tow vehicle. We pull a 25' travel trailer and the towing stability and tracking is great. The only negative comment I have concerns fuel economy - however, I purchased this model for the comfort, features and Ford reliability. Hopefully, Ford will offer a diesel at some point in time. The bottom line is that this is an fantastic vehicle!

A truck's truck
By Chris on 01/05/07 08:55 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great full-sized truck. I especially like the 6.5ft bed and reverse sensing system. Looks great, drives great, but if you're not used to big trucks, it will be scary the first time you park. Interior is little on the bland side, but that's not why I bought it (maybe better in the more expensive models). Interior storage is the only disadvantage, there isn't any! Gas mileage is typical for a V8. The Flex-fuel engine is cool (although E85 is still too pricey/limited for regular use). It would help to have the cylinder-disabling system that other V8s have. Tows like a dream, you forget the trailer is even there. A word of caution, this truck does not fit in a standard garage.

What a great truck!
By John L. on 01/01/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have really been enjoying this truck. Yeah the fuel economy isn't great, but it IS a truck, ya know? Ride quality is excellent and it has more pick-up than I expected. It handles well - more responsive that I would have thought. The cab is quiet and very comfortable. The days of bouncing down the road in your truck on that uncomfortable bench seat are over. My wife was afraid to drive it at first, but now she says it's just like driving a car. I have been both surprised and impressed with this vehicle.

back to a F-150
By Tony on 12/31/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had many F150's when I was younger but stopped buying them when my need for more pulling power grew (more toys to haul). After a couple of V10 Super Duty's, I decided on the new 3 valve 5.4L. It doesn't have the sheer torque of the V10 but seems to have enough to haul my toys around. It has greater style and comfort than my V10 F350.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.