Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Better than my 03 Silverado
By SBila71

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I bought this truck replacing my 2003 Silverado which gave me more problems than the 89 Silverado I sold. I bought my Ford used as a certified used truck and as of now I have no complaints. It's been on the road longer than the Silverado I bought brand new. I Like it a lot better than my Chevy, and it would have smoked my Chevy in a quarter mile with ease. It is true blue mettalic with the bottom quarter silver mettalic. It has everything I want in a full size truck and then some. The storage room could be better, but you could always get the Super Crew!

The power and torque, most of the locations for all the drivers controls. I like the sound system as well. The little shocks for the hood to stay up. Back-up sensors, when its not winter out!

More areo dynamic design for tailgate area. Standard daytime running lights, or eaiser to add on. Change the tilt steering lever to just a button to push or pull, not the weird one that's in there now. When truck is shut off, all doors unlock! Change lock out switch for back windows only!

King of trucks
By Jeff

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second f-150 and what a blast to drive, it handles amazing! With more power than you need in the 5.4. I have pulled loads over 11000 pound and can still easily pass on the freeway almost like there’s nothing behind the truck. For work its tough as nails can handle any thing you need to do I put this truck through a lot and it never missed a tick! Extremely reliable.

Handling, comfort, and I absolutely love all the torque the mighty 5.4 pushes out can tow almost anything you hook to.

Better fuel economy but Ford is taking care of that for the 09 model and will have the new direct inject for 2010 which get better emissions than the hybrids. I get 15 mpg in town and 21 on the highway. Not too bad for a big 4x4.

Was in love
By Ca Native

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I had an idea that the MPG would be far less than I would like, it was like going from the ridiculous to the sublime. Around town I average 12/14MPG, Highway, 15/16MPG no load. I pulled a 23' Travel trailer for 6000 Mi. and averaged 9MPG! That little trip coast us $2,000.00! Power from the 5.4L, V-8 is not that good at all on the climbs with trailer...the flat is fine. While I might consider the F- Series truck again, it would be Diesel powered. This truck has been very reliable. Ride quality is much better than a GM product. GM has the power and now MPG edge. JCH

Reliability, ride quality, looks, driver visability. Fit & finish is good.

Increased gas, V-8 HP, torque and MPG, diesel engine option

Excellent work truck
By Dave F

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to replace my old work truck, a 2000 f-150 XLT SuperCab with 400,000 km. So Far, this vehicle has considerably more power, tighter ride, though the visibility is somewhat less. the deeper box is handy, but do miss the 8ft box. Handles back roads and work trails better than most of the competition. Overall, a comfortable, tough work truck.

Tougher, less flexible frame, multiple power points. Better electrical system.

The more open engine compartment tends to accumulate road salt mist, which may cause corrosion problems down the road.

Well Done
By Bernie

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Solid truck. Surprised by price vs quality. Went to get a Dodge Ram. Upset at first. Fuel economy is great. Plenty of get up. Would not put a plow on it.

Power of the 4.6 much better than a '98. Fuel economy. Had a GM 6.0 Litre. Faster than the Ford. Loose bottom end

Dont change a thing,