Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Horrible Seats
By Gomer

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 for me has the worst seat comfort out of any truck on the market bar none. I can't get comfortable no matter how hard I try and the seats are as hard as a rock. Other than the seats, the engine is severely underpowered (5.4) and the transmission is sluggish. I don't recommend this truck to anyone unless you want to be uncomfortable. The previous generation F150's were much better in my opinion.

Bold exterior looks

Better seats, smaller armrests, better engine performance, less hesitation in transmission, more options in XLT models, better mpg

Gone downhill
By Craig Zeigler

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to replace my 2004 4.6L with the hoped of getting better fuel economy while towing. I have a 22' travel trailer that weighs about 6000 pounds when I'm traveling. On a trip from Sarasota Fla, to Disney in Orlando, I managed 8.5MPG at 65MPH. The truck is really straining to go any faster than that. When I arrived, I had a pungent oder of overheated transmission. On the return trip, I slowed down to 60MPH and managed to get to 9.1MPG. On the way back the cruise control keeps disengaging itself after about a hundred miles. When I arrived, I checked the transmission fluid, and it smells burned. My dealer says there is nothing wrong.

The way the truck drives, and handles.

Make the A/C actually blow cold (My 2007 Toyota Corolla almost freezes me out). Make the brakes not spongy and provide a better pedal feel. Most importantly. Make the transmission actually work and increase the fuel economy. Ford is way behind everyone else with their engine and transmission.

F150
By EARL

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a full size truck you cant beat the power. I tow a 1969 s&s Hearse 6000 lbs and it's like towing a small camper. Almost don't know its there! But as far as gas mileage goes might as well pour the gas out onto the ground gas mileage is only 18 on the highway at best.

Power, 5.4, can't beat it

Needs comfortable seating and more fuel mileage

Ugh, the fuel!
By Hard to please

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned some of the best middle class American vehicles including a Dodge van with the best motor ever, the 318! However the 2006 F-150 is the best all around vehicle this picky 6'-4" body has ever driven! The only drawback is the fuel cost. Which is everybody's right now. But, 16 mpg combined driving is ridiculous in the 21st century. Buy this truck if you have a big wallet, you don't care about your "carbon footprint, or if your like me you hope that in a couple of years there will be a motor conversion so that it can run on water.

I love this truck. It is comfortable. It is stable. It is also a very good looking truck. it sits you up high.

Two small things. One is the small storage under the rear seat. And the other is the bad positioning of the oil filter. Oil changes for us that still change our own oil tend to get a little messy down the arm.

Great Truck.
By Steve

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I don't have this truck anymore but I had it for almost 2 years and put 24000 miles on it. I had to get rid of it early because I was about to go over the mileage for the lease. This truck was great, the only reason I didn't buy it was the bed was too small. I've never had any problems with it. The gas mileage wasn't bad for the way it was driven. I averaged 14-16 going to work and on long trips around 19. The power was good but i wanted a little more so the Edge chip worked great for that, like a whole new motor. The chip also improved gas mileage too. It was great on the beach, towing and the interior was really roomy and comfortable. I'm looking to get another one soon with a 6.5 foot bed.

Comfortable ride. Good looks. Great audiophile stereo, and nice fit and finish.

A little more power. Recommend getting the 6.5 foot bed if you are planning on putting atv's in the bed.