2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F150
By EARL on 06/07/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a full size truck you cant beat the power. I tow a 1969 s&s Hearse 6000 lbs and it's like towing a small camper. Almost don't know its there! But as far as gas mileage goes might as well pour the gas out onto the ground gas mileage is only 18 on the highway at best.

Always enjoyed Ford
By Brian on 05/11/08 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third F series pickup. I've enjoyed this truck. I travel up and down the east coast with a 7 by 14 trailer, with 490 miles to a tank, this is the best one by far. The styling and interior design are wonderful.

Ugh, the fuel!
By Hard to please on 04/20/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned some of the best middle class American vehicles including a Dodge van with the best motor ever, the 318! However the 2006 F-150 is the best all around vehicle this picky 6'-4" body has ever driven! The only drawback is the fuel cost. Which is everybody's right now. But, 16 mpg combined driving is ridiculous in the 21st century. Buy this truck if you have a big wallet, you don't care about your "carbon footprint, or if your like me you hope that in a couple of years there will be a motor conversion so that it can run on water.

Great Truck.
By Steve on 04/09/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I don't have this truck anymore but I had it for almost 2 years and put 24000 miles on it. I had to get rid of it early because I was about to go over the mileage for the lease. This truck was great, the only reason I didn't buy it was the bed was too small. I've never had any problems with it. The gas mileage wasn't bad for the way it was driven. I averaged 14-16 going to work and on long trips around 19. The power was good but i wanted a little more so the Edge chip worked great for that, like a whole new motor. The chip also improved gas mileage too. It was great on the beach, towing and the interior was really roomy and comfortable. I'm looking to get another one soon with a 6.5 foot bed.

All Aboard!
By PauL on 04/05/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

Better than my 03 Silverado
By SBila71 on 03/25/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I bought this truck replacing my 2003 Silverado which gave me more problems than the 89 Silverado I sold. I bought my Ford used as a certified used truck and as of now I have no complaints. It's been on the road longer than the Silverado I bought brand new. I Like it a lot better than my Chevy, and it would have smoked my Chevy in a quarter mile with ease. It is true blue mettalic with the bottom quarter silver mettalic. It has everything I want in a full size truck and then some. The storage room could be better, but you could always get the Super Crew!

My Truck
By CHIP STANLEY on 03/15/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my "King Ranch"! The only drawback is gas mileage is and has been from the start only about 13.9 mpg! The leather is awesome and the ride is perfect!

King of trucks
By Jeff on 02/04/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second f-150 and what a blast to drive, it handles amazing! With more power than you need in the 5.4. I have pulled loads over 11000 pound and can still easily pass on the freeway almost like there’s nothing behind the truck. For work its tough as nails can handle any thing you need to do I put this truck through a lot and it never missed a tick! Extremely reliable.

Was in love
By Ca Native on 01/26/08 00:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I had an idea that the MPG would be far less than I would like, it was like going from the ridiculous to the sublime. Around town I average 12/14MPG, Highway, 15/16MPG no load. I pulled a 23' Travel trailer for 6000 Mi. and averaged 9MPG! That little trip coast us $2,000.00! Power from the 5.4L, V-8 is not that good at all on the climbs with trailer...the flat is fine. While I might consider the F- Series truck again, it would be Diesel powered. This truck has been very reliable. Ride quality is much better than a GM product. GM has the power and now MPG edge. JCH

Good machine
By Coloradoguy on 01/20/08 01:03 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Though I have extremely low mileage on my truck, I have been very pleased with it overall. Suspension is very stiff, but that adds to payload capacity and handling, therefore worth it. The rack and pinion steering does require driving proficiency, so not for everyone (I like it). Mileage is better than average in real world use. Mostly city is about 18 and highway I have gotten 21.5 (in mountains), using 85 octane. The five speed manual is a bit on the stiff side, but feels very stout as one would expect for a truck transmission. CD Stereo has amazing sound quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.