Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Horrible Seats
By Gomer on 09/17/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 for me has the worst seat comfort out of any truck on the market bar none. I can't get comfortable no matter how hard I try and the seats are as hard as a rock. Other than the seats, the engine is severely underpowered (5.4) and the transmission is sluggish. I don't recommend this truck to anyone unless you want to be uncomfortable. The previous generation F150's were much better in my opinion.

Expectations met!
By Tim on 06/12/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have been looking for a crew cab pickup for 6 months. Checked them all out, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan & Toyota. The F-150 was the best. It just drove so much nicer than any other plus was the best looking. The Lariat has all you need for bells and whistle's. The Smoketown/Beige 2 tone exterior color is sweet! Only complaint would be the gas mileage. If you really baby it and coast to stop signs and such you can get 20mph but that's no fun.

Gone downhill
By Craig Zeigler on 06/09/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to replace my 2004 4.6L with the hoped of getting better fuel economy while towing. I have a 22' travel trailer that weighs about 6000 pounds when I'm traveling. On a trip from Sarasota Fla, to Disney in Orlando, I managed 8.5MPG at 65MPH. The truck is really straining to go any faster than that. When I arrived, I had a pungent oder of overheated transmission. On the return trip, I slowed down to 60MPH and managed to get to 9.1MPG. On the way back the cruise control keeps disengaging itself after about a hundred miles. When I arrived, I checked the transmission fluid, and it smells burned. My dealer says there is nothing wrong.

F150
By EARL on 06/07/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a full size truck you cant beat the power. I tow a 1969 s&s Hearse 6000 lbs and it's like towing a small camper. Almost don't know its there! But as far as gas mileage goes might as well pour the gas out onto the ground gas mileage is only 18 on the highway at best.

Always enjoyed Ford
By Brian on 05/11/08 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third F series pickup. I've enjoyed this truck. I travel up and down the east coast with a 7 by 14 trailer, with 490 miles to a tank, this is the best one by far. The styling and interior design are wonderful.

Ugh, the fuel!
By Hard to please on 04/20/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned some of the best middle class American vehicles including a Dodge van with the best motor ever, the 318! However the 2006 F-150 is the best all around vehicle this picky 6'-4" body has ever driven! The only drawback is the fuel cost. Which is everybody's right now. But, 16 mpg combined driving is ridiculous in the 21st century. Buy this truck if you have a big wallet, you don't care about your "carbon footprint, or if your like me you hope that in a couple of years there will be a motor conversion so that it can run on water.

Great Truck.
By Steve on 04/09/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I don't have this truck anymore but I had it for almost 2 years and put 24000 miles on it. I had to get rid of it early because I was about to go over the mileage for the lease. This truck was great, the only reason I didn't buy it was the bed was too small. I've never had any problems with it. The gas mileage wasn't bad for the way it was driven. I averaged 14-16 going to work and on long trips around 19. The power was good but i wanted a little more so the Edge chip worked great for that, like a whole new motor. The chip also improved gas mileage too. It was great on the beach, towing and the interior was really roomy and comfortable. I'm looking to get another one soon with a 6.5 foot bed.

All Aboard!
By PauL on 04/05/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

Better than my 03 Silverado
By SBila71 on 03/25/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I bought this truck replacing my 2003 Silverado which gave me more problems than the 89 Silverado I sold. I bought my Ford used as a certified used truck and as of now I have no complaints. It's been on the road longer than the Silverado I bought brand new. I Like it a lot better than my Chevy, and it would have smoked my Chevy in a quarter mile with ease. It is true blue mettalic with the bottom quarter silver mettalic. It has everything I want in a full size truck and then some. The storage room could be better, but you could always get the Super Crew!

My Truck
By CHIP STANLEY on 03/15/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my "King Ranch"! The only drawback is gas mileage is and has been from the start only about 13.9 mpg! The leather is awesome and the ride is perfect!