Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

65K Miles and Still LOVE IT!
By FordDriver

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for almost 4 years and have 65K miles on it. The only issues I have had are the F-150 emblems peeling and the 3rd brake light leaking. Brakes are still good and I haven't had any maintenance issues at all. The mileage averages about 14-15 and horrible (about 9) when towing, although this is expected for a gasoline engine. The ride is very comfortable and actually quieter and a bit smoother than my wife's Infiniti. I would buy again if asked!

Ride comfort is excellent. Really wouldn't think you are in a truck. Also like the comfort and room the interior offers.

It is a bit sluggish on acceleration, but it is a truck, so not a huge deal. Improve the emblems, both F150s I have owned had this issue.

Not bad for the money
By fd220

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I was very surprised with how roomy the interior is for the size truck. The seats are pretty comfy and are very accommodating HOWEVER they stain VERY easily and it is hard to it out. I have had this ford for 23k miles and I have noticed a few disheartening issues. 1)always seems to be a quart low on oil. 2) always smells of hot brakes and burnt oil after even a 40 mile drive. 3)Bed liner is cheap! 4)Always has a shutter/ticking while at slow speeds along with a clunking sound when accelerate from a stop as the weight shifts. 5)THE GAS MILEAGE STINKS!even when i was hauling a refrigerator my mileage was pathetic! I have the 5.4L but I would still not expect the mileage to punk out that bad!

Solid feeling product. Great styling. Smooth drive. VERY ROOMY! TOUGH TRUCK! LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!

Better gas mileage OR better engine that will need less power to get the job done. More upgrades in the XLT. Better bed liner. More durable engine/brakes for the long haul

Great truck!
By Tim

I purchased this truck because I have to haul a large boat. I had a Chevy Tahoe that just didn't haul it well. This truck is awesome for hauling and room. I've had people who have never been in a large truck comment on how much room and comfortable both front and back seats are. The Lariat package is nice with all the toys. It rides nice for a truck and handles better than the suv I had. The standard tires are bad, I'm going to replace those before winter. I little more HP would be ok too

Looks and features. Very well done and no major problems. I'm a firm believer in preventative maintanence so I change oil every 2K and have it looked at each oil change to see if anything is acting up. Nothing yet

More HP and better gas mileage but I know I'm dreaming.

very happy with this truck
By pandabear

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first purchased pick up after previously owning an 05 mustang, and i will never be able to drive another car again. I have the 5.4. And driving it proper i manage about 16 and a 1/2 mpg. This is the smoothest truck I've ever set foot in. But it can also be an aggressive monster off road. I love its looks, inside and out. I love the shifter in the middle it looks good and is in a perfect arm reaching area. It is pretty powerful. I havent had the pleasure of testing out its great tow capacity yet. Overall I love it.

The look of the interior. Its smooth handling and ride. Its sleek, smooth body.

To get rid of the censor drivin acceleration pedal and use the direct cable, because the acceleration is a little delayed.

City Boy Truck
By howard

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck for towing jet and ski boats, four wheelers, snow mobiles and often have a four wheeler in the bed. About 20,000 miles into this truck the brakes went bad and Ford told me, "I drive the truck wrong," and did not stand by their product. I have 2 other friends one has a 07 Ford F-150 and his brakes are going out as well and the other friend has a 2005 and has replaced the brakes 3 times. Brakes on these trucks are terrible. My rotors are shot and it about jumps off the road everytime I stop. I would not recommend this truck to anyone that actually uses a truck for pulling and hauling. I can't wait for my lease to be up so I can get out. The truck looks good and that's it.

It tows good with enough power you just can't stop anything you tow. Stereo sounds good even though I had it replaced under warranty once. Higher bed looks good and tail gate is light. Rims look good. Back seats are roomy and comfortable. Lots of storage in the doors. Not a lot of blind spots.

Bigger brakes, better paint on decals. I have had them replaced, better fuel economy, redesign cab if back windows are down the noise is unreal, stregthen the bed my fourwheeler has dented the front of the bed from stopping, make the seat belt beeper less noisy. If it had brakes I would own another.