Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

very happy with this truck
By pandabear

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first purchased pick up after previously owning an 05 mustang, and i will never be able to drive another car again. I have the 5.4. And driving it proper i manage about 16 and a 1/2 mpg. This is the smoothest truck I've ever set foot in. But it can also be an aggressive monster off road. I love its looks, inside and out. I love the shifter in the middle it looks good and is in a perfect arm reaching area. It is pretty powerful. I havent had the pleasure of testing out its great tow capacity yet. Overall I love it.

Favorite Features

The look of the interior. Its smooth handling and ride. Its sleek, smooth body.

Suggested Improvements

To get rid of the censor drivin acceleration pedal and use the direct cable, because the acceleration is a little delayed.

City Boy Truck
By howard

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck for towing jet and ski boats, four wheelers, snow mobiles and often have a four wheeler in the bed. About 20,000 miles into this truck the brakes went bad and Ford told me, "I drive the truck wrong," and did not stand by their product. I have 2 other friends one has a 07 Ford F-150 and his brakes are going out as well and the other friend has a 2005 and has replaced the brakes 3 times. Brakes on these trucks are terrible. My rotors are shot and it about jumps off the road everytime I stop. I would not recommend this truck to anyone that actually uses a truck for pulling and hauling. I can't wait for my lease to be up so I can get out. The truck looks good and that's it.

Favorite Features

It tows good with enough power you just can't stop anything you tow. Stereo sounds good even though I had it replaced under warranty once. Higher bed looks good and tail gate is light. Rims look good. Back seats are roomy and comfortable. Lots of storage in the doors. Not a lot of blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger brakes, better paint on decals. I have had them replaced, better fuel economy, redesign cab if back windows are down the noise is unreal, stregthen the bed my fourwheeler has dented the front of the bed from stopping, make the seat belt beeper less noisy. If it had brakes I would own another.

Expectations met!
By Tim

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have been looking for a crew cab pickup for 6 months. Checked them all out, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan & Toyota. The F-150 was the best. It just drove so much nicer than any other plus was the best looking. The Lariat has all you need for bells and whistle's. The Smoketown/Beige 2 tone exterior color is sweet! Only complaint would be the gas mileage. If you really baby it and coast to stop signs and such you can get 20mph but that's no fun.

Favorite Features

Interior has great design. Very funtional. One suggestion is move the computer/system buttons from behind the steering wheel, they are hard to see. Cup holders are nice and large. Dashboard is nice design.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Other than that Ford got it right!

All Aboard!
By PauL

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

Favorite Features

Body style is real sharp. I like the looks! Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Cab noise when rear windows are rolled down. Brakes. Front end

My Truck
By CHIP STANLEY

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my "King Ranch"! The only drawback is gas mileage is and has been from the start only about 13.9 mpg! The leather is awesome and the ride is perfect!

Favorite Features

The leather

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage