2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Better than my 03 Silverado
By SBila71 on 03/25/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I bought this truck replacing my 2003 Silverado which gave me more problems than the 89 Silverado I sold. I bought my Ford used as a certified used truck and as of now I have no complaints. It's been on the road longer than the Silverado I bought brand new. I Like it a lot better than my Chevy, and it would have smoked my Chevy in a quarter mile with ease. It is true blue mettalic with the bottom quarter silver mettalic. It has everything I want in a full size truck and then some. The storage room could be better, but you could always get the Super Crew!

King of trucks
By Jeff on 02/04/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second f-150 and what a blast to drive, it handles amazing! With more power than you need in the 5.4. I have pulled loads over 11000 pound and can still easily pass on the freeway almost like there’s nothing behind the truck. For work its tough as nails can handle any thing you need to do I put this truck through a lot and it never missed a tick! Extremely reliable.

Was in love
By Ca Native on 01/26/08 00:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I had an idea that the MPG would be far less than I would like, it was like going from the ridiculous to the sublime. Around town I average 12/14MPG, Highway, 15/16MPG no load. I pulled a 23' Travel trailer for 6000 Mi. and averaged 9MPG! That little trip coast us $2,000.00! Power from the 5.4L, V-8 is not that good at all on the climbs with trailer...the flat is fine. While I might consider the F- Series truck again, it would be Diesel powered. This truck has been very reliable. Ride quality is much better than a GM product. GM has the power and now MPG edge. JCH

Excellent work truck
By Dave F on 04/27/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to replace my old work truck, a 2000 f-150 XLT SuperCab with 400,000 km. So Far, this vehicle has considerably more power, tighter ride, though the visibility is somewhat less. the deeper box is handy, but do miss the 8ft box. Handles back roads and work trails better than most of the competition. Overall, a comfortable, tough work truck.

Well Done
By Bernie on 04/10/07 02:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Solid truck. Surprised by price vs quality. Went to get a Dodge Ram. Upset at first. Fuel economy is great. Plenty of get up. Would not put a plow on it.

06 F150
By 602pipewing on 02/11/07 20:52 PM (PST)

The only thing that the truck needs is stronger rear suspension and a little more low end power. Easily fixed by airbag suspension and a few performance upgrades.

the best truck i've ever owned
By ford truck man! on 02/06/07 13:53 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When they say "Built Ford Tough" they're right 100%! I bought the truck new as a left over 2006 model, and so far, nothing has been a problem. I love this truck. It tops all of the other six trucks I've ever owned. It has a rugged, tough truck look, and a car-like plushy interior. I went looking for a truck, expecting to find one that i liked, but when i drove the F-150 out on a test drive, i loved every inch of it!

back to a F-150
By Tony on 12/31/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had many F150's when I was younger but stopped buying them when my need for more pulling power grew (more toys to haul). After a couple of V10 Super Duty's, I decided on the new 3 valve 5.4L. It doesn't have the sheer torque of the V10 but seems to have enough to haul my toys around. It has greater style and comfort than my V10 F350.

Bumps & Rattles
By Gary on 12/05/06 06:39 AM (PST)

The truck is enjoyable to drive, however every moderate bump in the road sends a chilling vibration through both inner doors and (yes) they do rattle loudly! I do have the towing pkg, but I feel the ride should be much softer, smoother, and quieter. The looks and style of the truck inside and out are great. Fuel economy is ok, however I can't help wondering what kind of a rattletrap this truck will be in 5 years. One final word, the first cold weather start (17 degrees) the 5.4 engine whistled loudly for several minutes before finally settling down.

Like my Truck
By Dennis on 11/06/06 21:41 PM (PST)

This is my 8th new Ford truck in the past 12 years. I have put approximately 650,000 miles on these trucks in the 12 years since my first. I am convinced that no other truck could or would have given me the service I got from these vehicles. Other than some initial adjustments under warranty I have not spent $1 in vehicle repairs (break downs, part failures). Shocks, tires and normal maintenance is all I have ever needed to do!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.