Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

3rd Ford truck! still impressed!
By Dan

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm on my 3rd Ford truck. 2 Rangers, and now the F-150. I've owned my last 2 for at least 5-7 years, and NEVER had a single problem. I've over exceeded weight capacities, towed, hauled, even pulled tree's out of the ground! This F-150 is powerful enough, sharp looking, and more comfortable than my Rangers. I can only agree with other reviews that the A/C is weak, and I live in southwest Florida. So far averaging the SAME mileage with this 5.4L as I did with my 3.0 supercab Ranger! It also has enough back seat room for the baby seat. If I have the same luck with this 5.4L, 4 door supercab as I did with my Rangers, then I'm sticking with the Fords!

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, power, room, and 16MPG CITY isn't bad!

Suggested Improvements

A/C needs to be better.

luv it
By mary

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It drive Nice its quiet good power body is easy to dent not like my 1 ton but all around a good truck I wish the dealer would have offered me treatment for the interior (cloth stains) going to trade it in on a 2009

Favorite Features

looks and drive

Suggested Improvements

cloth seate better fabric

Never Again
By George

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my F-150 Crew Cab 4X4 as a lease return with 26,000 miles. It was actually the SECOND F-150 that I purchased from the same dealer within two weeks as the FIRST truck had the 5.4 which blew up after TWO days. The mechanic told me that there is a problem with the 5.4 losing oil pressure to the top end. I had to get flat-bedded in off of the interstate. The second and current truck has been a nightmare. 30 days after purchase the four wheel drive crapped out and numerous 4X4 components required replacement. Within 60 days the instrument cluster digital information center stopped working. On the way to the dealer for the scheduled maintenance, the steering went.

Favorite Features

The dealer has been great with all repairs and is the ONLY reason that I keep the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control needs major improvement.

Great family truck
By Bert

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck, can get family of four into w/no prob. Truck tow great, no lack of torque for hulling.

Favorite Features

Leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Longer ext cab would be nice. For littles one fine for now.

Not a Bad Truck
By Chris

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am about to return this vehicle off a lease. I have put 60000km on it. The only thing it has needed was blower motor and a new Ford symbol on the front (from rock and salt). This truck otherwise has been reliable as hell. Although it is very slow off the line. I found it pulled just as hard with the a double snowmobile trailer loaded. Very bad fuel mileage with the trailer on.

Favorite Features

Didn't have to take it to the shop every week for a check up. Pulled hard and was awsome in 3 feet of snow with trailer.

Suggested Improvements

The power windows are very slow going up. Sometimes the lights brighten when I would shut the truck off (seemed odd). F-150 symbols paint falls off at the car wash. Happens on every one I have seen.