Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2006 F-150 disappointing
By Ken

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been Dedicated to Ford for 30 yrs however this truck is having to many issues. 3rd tailight leaking and you have to buy the complete light for $70.00 instead of just the seal and as per my parts mgr.the design of the seal has not changed and it is a recurrent problem for customers. I weigh 160 lbs and the drivers seat squeaks terribly. The drivers side seat motor has went out. The front Ford Oval emblem has been replaced twice due to water getting inside. The speaker in the drivers door works part of the time as there is an apparent wiring problem.

Favorite Features

Styling is great. fuel mileage is good for this type of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Listen to customers and many comments on this site indicate the same issues however they are not being corrected. More attention to detail is needed. a 30 year Ford owner is getting ready to change brands if recurrent problems continue.

Perfect at 38k miles
By Paul M

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

yes, mileage not so good, but it is heavy. 16 mpg highway, 14 city, less in the winter. Towing 6k pound trailer on highway 13 mpg, not too bad considering total weight over 13k pounds with people/gear. Sad to hear of other peoples problems, but at 37k miles been perfect, not a thing wrong. No wet carpet, 3rd brake light fine no leak, rear window no squeak.

Favorite Features

the ride for a 6k pound beast. Exterior styling I still like better than '10+ model. would definitely buy again.

Suggested Improvements

should have had more amenities: under seat storage, usb input on radio. Also should have had 5 or 6 speed trans, but 4 speed with lockup hauls 6k pound trailer up interstate hills at 70mph without downshifting, cool.

disappointed
By ted johnson

I had always been a GM guy till the bailout, thought I would try Ford. Reviews, awards, Consumer Reports, all stated Ford where the better vehicle. Mine is not. Although happy with the interior and overall ride of the truck, the reliability is not there. I have had it to the dealer 4 times in 9 months. Nothing major but you do the math. I want to like this truck but the veridct is still out.

Favorite Features

interior comfort, styling

Suggested Improvements

MPG, and the fit and finish need work

Disappointed with Dealer/Ford HQ
By Will

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

19K miles and vehicle stalls. Had it brought in to dealer in Lafayette, said no problem existed. 3 months later, vehicle stalls and towed back to dealer. Fuel Pump, Fuel Regulator all need to be replaced. Informed my Service Manager that is normal wear/tear for fuel pump and regulator. $1500 to replace. Called Ford, no help. Once out shop, vehicle start problems. Im so MAD. Ridiculous pump going out, and I average 5k miles per year. Was told that was the reason for pump failing, lack of driving. So if you buy a Ford, ask how long its been on lot, so say the fuel pump/regulators go out if they sit

Favorite Features

Chrome Package, Auto Rear Sliding Window

Suggested Improvements

4.6 on Supercab SB is weak. AC needs a boost. Wheres the auxillary jack for my ipod. Quality of product, dealership care, Ford customer care are all questionable now to me

Water Leaks
By Old Dog

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you are reading this and haven't checked, pull back your carpet in the front and see if it's wet, mine was soaked! After a recent heavy storm, I had to use a shop vac to pull the water out of the channels holding the wiring harness under the kick plates at the entrance to both driver and passenger doors. I've read where these king cabs have a big problem with water leaks that may go un- noticed until you start smelling mildew. The third brake light has a history of leaking on most years of these trucks. The water runs down channels from the light toward the front floorboard soaking everything underneath. Also, there have been other reports of the air conditioning condensor vent leaking

Favorite Features

Comfort and ride is great. I like the visibility I have which my previous Toyota Tacoma did NOT have. I have the 5.4 engine and it has good power although not as much as my 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7 had. I'm hoping the dealer can find the source of the water leak because I love driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Ford has known about these water leaks for several years and have done nothing to correct it. The engine needs more torque and a gas mileage of at least 18-22 average. Also needed is less plastic in the passenger compartment. Too many squeeks and rattles that I have managed to reduce with padding