2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
I love this truck
By Gary Clontz on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was sorry to read about all the problems some owners are having with their F-150. I guess I got a good one. 65,000 miles and no major problems. The driver's side electric window switch has become intermittent, which is annoying. And the Ford emblem on the front has become opaque and looks bad. The cloth seats stain easily and no amount of cleaning gets them real clean. I switched over to 100% synthetic oil at about 30,000 miles. Still haven't replaced the plugs and tranny is fine so far. I have the 5.4 Triton engine, which I think is pretty good and necessary for this heavy truck. I got the tow package and towed a full heavy trailer no sweat. At 65,000, still have orig. brakes and battery.

Bad Transmission 2006 F150
By at on 08/21/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

At only 18 thousand miles and 3 months out of warranty, the transmission goes out on my 2006 F150 with a 6 cylinder-- Ford did not help with the $3000 transmission replacement either. The bad part is that it is slipping again-- I bought this new thinking it would last, I guess I should have kept my reliable 1988 GMC.

Bought it used
By justjohn on 08/06/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used. It had a little less tha 70,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it at all. My wife and I love the interior comfort and easy drivability of the truck. Of course I am a Ford man. The last Ford truck I bought (before this one) was a 1992 f150 xlt. I got 250.000 miles off it and still managed to get $2000 trade in when I paid cash for this new (used 2006) I hope I will get the same service out of it. So far I am getting 15 mpg mixed. Which in my opinion is not all that bad. For a truck this size.

Nothing but problems
By fish on 07/21/10 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a ford driver for decades. This will be my last Ford. I had several transmission tweaks at 20,000 miles. MAF sensor puked at 28,000 ($650). Differential died at 58,000 miles ($2500). Now my transmission needs new bearings at 63,000 miles. Of course my warranty was void last month so I have to foot a bill for over $2500 to fix the transmission on a 3.5 year old vehicle. Very not cool. This truck is a daily driver, not a workhorse by any stretch of the imagination. Goodbye Ford, it's time for a Ram.

This may help!
By Dan on 04/29/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

3rd Ford truck, and still impressed!. I have the 06' 4 door supercab 5.4 L Triton. If you have the water leak, it's coming from the high mount lamp exterior. a simple bead of clear silicone around the edges of the lamp has permanently resolved this! Why bother with the dealership? USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!. I have heard the 5.4 L Triton has less oil to the top half problems if this is an issue. I have NEVER had a single problem with ANY of my Ford trucks, but, I have learned a few tricks about their little quirks. GREAT TRUCKS!, and come on guys/girls, we aren't driving a 4cyll Toyota coupe, we are driving a 5500 lb V-8 truck, so lets not complain about gas mileage huh?

Great Truck
By McCannibal on 04/22/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck to own and I love it. It rides great, drives great, and feels great. I used to own a 4 door mercedes and this truck has WAY more room in the back seat than the mercedes had. this truck hauls like a champ although your mileage will decline (as expected) There are only 3 problems I have with it. 1. The driver' side door rattles a little when over rough roads or bumps. 2. The ash tray rattles a little over rough roads or bumps. 3. Ever since they started adding ethanol to the gas my fuel economy has dropped significantly (From 20 MPG to about 16) Overall, I really love this truck and will continue buying ford trucks.

2006 F-150 disappointing
By Ken on 04/22/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been Dedicated to Ford for 30 yrs however this truck is having to many issues. 3rd tailight leaking and you have to buy the complete light for $70.00 instead of just the seal and as per my parts mgr.the design of the seal has not changed and it is a recurrent problem for customers. I weigh 160 lbs and the drivers seat squeaks terribly. The drivers side seat motor has went out. The front Ford Oval emblem has been replaced twice due to water getting inside. The speaker in the drivers door works part of the time as there is an apparent wiring problem.

Perfect at 38k miles
By Paul M on 04/21/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

yes, mileage not so good, but it is heavy. 16 mpg highway, 14 city, less in the winter. Towing 6k pound trailer on highway 13 mpg, not too bad considering total weight over 13k pounds with people/gear. Sad to hear of other peoples problems, but at 37k miles been perfect, not a thing wrong. No wet carpet, 3rd brake light fine no leak, rear window no squeak.

Beware of spark PLugs
By Kdn on 04/01/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall great truck. 5.4 has plenty of power. The only thing wrong with the motor is the fact the Motorcraft spark plugs are 2 piece that sit about an inch farther in the head than they are supposed to and break off in the cylinder heads when carbon surrounds them. You can purchase a tool to remove them but beware if something happens its CHEAPER to take it to the dealer to have them changed. Champion makes a one piece plug that isn't supposed to break. Oh, and the plugs run about $20 a piece. Interior is roomy, Seats are normal ford seats. Seemed like i was running through a quart of transmission fluid every 5000 miles after a bottle of Lucas Transmission Conditioner it stopped.

65K Miles and Still LOVE IT!
By FordDriver on 02/06/10 09:44 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for almost 4 years and have 65K miles on it. The only issues I have had are the F-150 emblems peeling and the 3rd brake light leaking. Brakes are still good and I haven't had any maintenance issues at all. The mileage averages about 14-15 and horrible (about 9) when towing, although this is expected for a gasoline engine. The ride is very comfortable and actually quieter and a bit smoother than my wife's Infiniti. I would buy again if asked!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.