2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 13

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
King Ranch Long Bed
By casonet on 05/23/06 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered my King Ranch Super Crew 4X2 with the optional 6.5 foot bed in the fall of 2005. I was concerned that the truck would be too long and look awkward, but was surprised when it was not. I had previously had two 2004 XLT models and had lots of problems with both of them. The 2006 model is like night and day. I have had no problems whatsoever with this new truck. Comfort, style, quietness and quality are all superb. Fuel economy is so so at 16.0 mpg and the performance is OK, but nothing to get excited about. But, what the heck, this is a large, and heavy vehicle, not a sports car. Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend the King Ranch to anyone looking for a luxury truck.

Having Fun
By JDA on 05/03/06 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, moved up from a XLT and don't know why I didn't buy this one from the start. Do a lot of hunting and can get there most of the time with no problems. Good handling with a decent ride considering it came with the off road package. Only problem is I have a rattle on the passenger side that they haven't been able to narrow down and fix.

By far, the BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED
By Rick on 04/15/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I am extremely happy with this 2005 Ford F-150 truck. It looks like a mean truck, with attitude, and I love it inside and out!

Great Truck
By CDTSHERWOOD on 04/14/06 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

No problems so far. Great looks and nice quiet ride. Getting good mileage 15.5 in town 18.0 highway.

Vermont Ford
By jay johnstone on 04/07/06 08:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have 5.4l engine. Upgraded to longer warranty as I realize I could fix almost nothing under the hood. Easy to drive despite huge size, gas mileage has been about the same as my previous 4l Ford Ranger.

By far, the best truck seen to date
By Douglas on 04/05/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Ford truck, and it is by far the best one yet. It has all the comfort and feel a truck should have. I applaud the engineers for the effort and thought they put into the design, functionality, and comfort of this vehicle. As a guy who likes performance, this truck has great potential. I may put on a Flowmaster exhaust, and high flow intake just to see what performance gains are available.

America still beats the foreign trucks!
By Nick on 04/03/06 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck in January and have had no problems yet. This truck is sound when driving. Road noise is hardly noticeable, especially with wind gusts above 30 miles an hour. My truck actually has the 5.4 engine and this has plenty of power. The 3 valves per cylinder helps increase the overall performance of the vehicle. The dash controls are easy to reach and this truck has plenty of storage space. The tires provide good traction also.

One Sharp Truck
By kenshideout on 03/28/06 14:04 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Every time I pull into a gas station, it seems like the truck is like a magnet for compliments. One of the reasons I ride a Harley is for this same response, Lots of chrome on my Harley attracts attention like this truck brings on the "Wow" what a great looking truck. It drives well, has a great interior package, comfortable seats, with Harley logos throughout. The 22 inch wheels are an attention grabber, and moonroof is a great option. I like the AWD capability, and the fact they only build 10,000 of these makes ownership a plus. Not everyone has one, making them unique. Gas mileage of course could be better, but it's a truck. All in all, Love this truck.

Coolest looking sport truck on the road!
By Steve on 03/20/06 12:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought the 2006 Ford F150, 4WD STX "Flareside" and this truck runs and looks great! Jet Black all around. Looked at all the others, Tacoma, Tundra, Ridgelines, Nissans, but when I saw this truck on the lot, the deal was done. This truck runs extremely smooth, has a great stance, and is more solid than a pickup should be. Great sport truck for a great price, especially with the new incentives Ford is giving now.

Built Ford Tough, But Quiet
By Greg Wilson on 03/16/06 20:11 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ever since I first test drove the vehicle, I was impressed with the vehicle's quiet drive, response, and handling as though it were actually a sedan. The cabin presence I believe is unmatched and rivals the attention to detail of most European sedans. The heat treated box frame demonstration on the TV commercial, the results are unbelievable ... superior ride, roomy interior cabin.