Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ugh, the fuel!
By Hard to please

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned some of the best middle class American vehicles including a Dodge van with the best motor ever, the 318! However the 2006 F-150 is the best all around vehicle this picky 6'-4" body has ever driven! The only drawback is the fuel cost. Which is everybody's right now. But, 16 mpg combined driving is ridiculous in the 21st century. Buy this truck if you have a big wallet, you don't care about your "carbon footprint, or if your like me you hope that in a couple of years there will be a motor conversion so that it can run on water.

Favorite Features

I love this truck. It is comfortable. It is stable. It is also a very good looking truck. it sits you up high.

Suggested Improvements

Two small things. One is the small storage under the rear seat. And the other is the bad positioning of the oil filter. Oil changes for us that still change our own oil tend to get a little messy down the arm.

Great Truck.
By Steve

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I don't have this truck anymore but I had it for almost 2 years and put 24000 miles on it. I had to get rid of it early because I was about to go over the mileage for the lease. This truck was great, the only reason I didn't buy it was the bed was too small. I've never had any problems with it. The gas mileage wasn't bad for the way it was driven. I averaged 14-16 going to work and on long trips around 19. The power was good but i wanted a little more so the Edge chip worked great for that, like a whole new motor. The chip also improved gas mileage too. It was great on the beach, towing and the interior was really roomy and comfortable. I'm looking to get another one soon with a 6.5 foot bed.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride. Good looks. Great audiophile stereo, and nice fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power. Recommend getting the 6.5 foot bed if you are planning on putting atv's in the bed.

All Aboard!
By PauL

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

Favorite Features

Body style is real sharp. I like the looks! Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Cab noise when rear windows are rolled down. Brakes. Front end

Better than my 03 Silverado
By SBila71

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I bought this truck replacing my 2003 Silverado which gave me more problems than the 89 Silverado I sold. I bought my Ford used as a certified used truck and as of now I have no complaints. It's been on the road longer than the Silverado I bought brand new. I Like it a lot better than my Chevy, and it would have smoked my Chevy in a quarter mile with ease. It is true blue mettalic with the bottom quarter silver mettalic. It has everything I want in a full size truck and then some. The storage room could be better, but you could always get the Super Crew!

Favorite Features

The power and torque, most of the locations for all the drivers controls. I like the sound system as well. The little shocks for the hood to stay up. Back-up sensors, when its not winter out!

Suggested Improvements

More areo dynamic design for tailgate area. Standard daytime running lights, or eaiser to add on. Change the tilt steering lever to just a button to push or pull, not the weird one that's in there now. When truck is shut off, all doors unlock! Change lock out switch for back windows only!

My Truck
By CHIP STANLEY

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my "King Ranch"! The only drawback is gas mileage is and has been from the start only about 13.9 mpg! The leather is awesome and the ride is perfect!

Favorite Features

The leather

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage