Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Horrible Seats
By Gomer

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 for me has the worst seat comfort out of any truck on the market bar none. I can't get comfortable no matter how hard I try and the seats are as hard as a rock. Other than the seats, the engine is severely underpowered (5.4) and the transmission is sluggish. I don't recommend this truck to anyone unless you want to be uncomfortable. The previous generation F150's were much better in my opinion.

Bold exterior looks

Better seats, smaller armrests, better engine performance, less hesitation in transmission, more options in XLT models, better mpg

Expectations met!
By Tim

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have been looking for a crew cab pickup for 6 months. Checked them all out, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan & Toyota. The F-150 was the best. It just drove so much nicer than any other plus was the best looking. The Lariat has all you need for bells and whistle's. The Smoketown/Beige 2 tone exterior color is sweet! Only complaint would be the gas mileage. If you really baby it and coast to stop signs and such you can get 20mph but that's no fun.

Interior has great design. Very funtional. One suggestion is move the computer/system buttons from behind the steering wheel, they are hard to see. Cup holders are nice and large. Dashboard is nice design.

Better gas mileage. Other than that Ford got it right!

Gone downhill
By Craig Zeigler

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to replace my 2004 4.6L with the hoped of getting better fuel economy while towing. I have a 22' travel trailer that weighs about 6000 pounds when I'm traveling. On a trip from Sarasota Fla, to Disney in Orlando, I managed 8.5MPG at 65MPH. The truck is really straining to go any faster than that. When I arrived, I had a pungent oder of overheated transmission. On the return trip, I slowed down to 60MPH and managed to get to 9.1MPG. On the way back the cruise control keeps disengaging itself after about a hundred miles. When I arrived, I checked the transmission fluid, and it smells burned. My dealer says there is nothing wrong.

The way the truck drives, and handles.

Make the A/C actually blow cold (My 2007 Toyota Corolla almost freezes me out). Make the brakes not spongy and provide a better pedal feel. Most importantly. Make the transmission actually work and increase the fuel economy. Ford is way behind everyone else with their engine and transmission.

F150
By EARL

2006 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a full size truck you cant beat the power. I tow a 1969 s&s Hearse 6000 lbs and it's like towing a small camper. Almost don't know its there! But as far as gas mileage goes might as well pour the gas out onto the ground gas mileage is only 18 on the highway at best.

Power, 5.4, can't beat it

Needs comfortable seating and more fuel mileage

Always enjoyed Ford
By Brian

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third F series pickup. I've enjoyed this truck. I travel up and down the east coast with a 7 by 14 trailer, with 490 miles to a tank, this is the best one by far. The styling and interior design are wonderful.

Easy to say, all of them.

Maybe a little more power for the 4.6L