2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Awesome F150
By TommyT on 07/21/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 F150 is awesome! Comfortable, powerful and quiet. I've had my truck for seven months and I don't have any complaints. I've hauled with it and towed with it with no problems. The family loves it because it's so roomy inside. Handles like a car, but you still know you're in a truck

Ford needs new management
By ac389 on 07/15/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Poor economy, real bad brakes, very poor ride characteristics, engine is underpowered compared to other trucks, manual transmission shifts poorly, seats are starting to tear at 2500 miles. This truck is very obsolete compared to the competition. This truck weighs 4760 lbs, has 202 hp, gets 13 to 16 mph. Don't waste your money on this truck. For a business buying this vehicle, would be subject to insurance issues from workman's comp due to loading height. Ford is lost when building quality, efficient autos.

Great Truck if it doesn't vibrate
By Rob on 07/14/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a vibration that seven trips to two different dealers can't fix that is coming from the rear end. None of the common F150 vibration problems are evident according to the dealers. One service manager acknowledged that a truck that vibrates when it performs its intended function is indeed fundamentally flawed. It gets worse with my boat on the back. Beware of this vehicle if you are evenly remotely mechanically inclined as the bouncing exhaust, violently shaking bed, rattles, and random vibrations of many sorts will drive you insane. I intend to drop mine off at the dealer and refuse to pick it up and take the credit hit from Ford instead of dragging things out in court.

So far, so good, but...
By David on 07/08/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice and comfortable truck. I love the formal exterior but it was the interior that eventually sold me. I have the tan leather and the flow-through console, and I love it! This truck drives very nice. The ride on the highway is firm, but not annoying, and despite this truck's large size, it is very manageable in town.

Nice job Ford!
By Rob on 07/01/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 04 Tundra that I had been leasing to purchase the F-150. The King Ranch model could not be matched by any other truck. I had considered the Titan but found that the reliability on the Nissan was less than acceptable. The Dodge had the most horribly unstable ride (felt like I was on a boat) and the Chevy is just plain dull looking. Overall my F-150 has been a real pleasure to drive, you almost forget you're in a truck. But, when you need to pull a trailer or haul a load, the Ford performs like a champ. Not the fastest truck 0-60 (due mainly to its hefty weight) but it will pull just about anything. My biggest complaint is the ride can be bumpy at times due to a short wheelbase.

Good, but could be the absolute best
By tom21769 on 06/24/06 04:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This week I traded in my first F150, a one-owner 1994 green XL 4x4, for a new silver 2006 SLX 4x4. In other words, a slightly upgraded version of the same truck. The old truck had served me well for 12 years. It still had original parts except for the water pump and gas tank. Its last task was over Memorial Day weekend when I used it to yank 25 feet of corrugated steel drainage pipe, 2' diameter, out from a heavy clay pond embankment. I'd like to have kept it another 2-5 years, but with 2 teenage drivers in the family, I wanted the improved safety engineering of the newer trucks.

ALMOST PERFECT
By MIGUEL GARCIA on 06/18/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

With 6 months with my King Ranch I am now most happy every day, almost perfect just a problem with the truck bed, but every thing else is great.

A/C Problems from day 1
By Claude on 05/31/06 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The AC does not seem to work properly. Checked it out 5 days after delivery and found nothing. I now think that it is the controller for the auto-temp air. The dampers may not work correctly.

King Ranch Long Bed
By casonet on 05/23/06 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered my King Ranch Super Crew 4X2 with the optional 6.5 foot bed in the fall of 2005. I was concerned that the truck would be too long and look awkward, but was surprised when it was not. I had previously had two 2004 XLT models and had lots of problems with both of them. The 2006 model is like night and day. I have had no problems whatsoever with this new truck. Comfort, style, quietness and quality are all superb. Fuel economy is so so at 16.0 mpg and the performance is OK, but nothing to get excited about. But, what the heck, this is a large, and heavy vehicle, not a sports car. Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend the King Ranch to anyone looking for a luxury truck.

Having Fun
By JDA on 05/03/06 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, moved up from a XLT and don't know why I didn't buy this one from the start. Do a lot of hunting and can get there most of the time with no problems. Good handling with a decent ride considering it came with the off road package. Only problem is I have a rattle on the passenger side that they haven't been able to narrow down and fix.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.