Used 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

220k miles and going
By Ernest

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking truck, very reliable and strong engine. Tows my boat effortlessly. Averages about 16mpg combined driving (14/19). Very, very low maintenance costs. But, like any other vehicle...do not skimp out on routine maintenance, use synthetic oils.

Best truck I ever owned
By Ron

Very reliable, no major repairs in 118,000 miles. Paint shine & color has hold up, even after 8 years in south Florida and 2 years in Tennessee. Interior is well appointed and comfortable.

Great Truck
By McCannibal

This is my first truck to own and I love it. It rides great, drives great, and feels great. I used to own a 4 door mercedes and this truck has WAY more room in the back seat than the mercedes had. this truck hauls like a champ although your mileage will decline (as expected) There are only 3 problems I have with it. 1. The driver' side door rattles a little when over rough roads or bumps. 2. The ash tray rattles a little over rough roads or bumps. 3. Ever since they started adding ethanol to the gas my fuel economy has dropped significantly (From 20 MPG to about 16) Overall, I really love this truck and will continue buying ford trucks.

Back up sensors, Sirius radio, leather seats, interior room, V8 power, even my fiance loves driving it.

Do something about interior rattles. I dont offroad at all so there really is no excuse for it. Also, find a fix for this stupid ethanol added to gas. I specifically drive across the other side of town to go to the one gas station that has no ethanol in the gas.

65K Miles and Still LOVE IT!
By FordDriver

I have had this truck for almost 4 years and have 65K miles on it. The only issues I have had are the F-150 emblems peeling and the 3rd brake light leaking. Brakes are still good and I haven't had any maintenance issues at all. The mileage averages about 14-15 and horrible (about 9) when towing, although this is expected for a gasoline engine. The ride is very comfortable and actually quieter and a bit smoother than my wife's Infiniti. I would buy again if asked!

Ride comfort is excellent. Really wouldn't think you are in a truck. Also like the comfort and room the interior offers.

It is a bit sluggish on acceleration, but it is a truck, so not a huge deal. Improve the emblems, both F150s I have owned had this issue.

Great truck!
By Tim

I purchased this truck because I have to haul a large boat. I had a Chevy Tahoe that just didn't haul it well. This truck is awesome for hauling and room. I've had people who have never been in a large truck comment on how much room and comfortable both front and back seats are. The Lariat package is nice with all the toys. It rides nice for a truck and handles better than the suv I had. The standard tires are bad, I'm going to replace those before winter. I little more HP would be ok too

Looks and features. Very well done and no major problems. I'm a firm believer in preventative maintanence so I change oil every 2K and have it looked at each oil change to see if anything is acting up. Nothing yet

More HP and better gas mileage but I know I'm dreaming.