Used 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck
By McCannibal

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck to own and I love it. It rides great, drives great, and feels great. I used to own a 4 door mercedes and this truck has WAY more room in the back seat than the mercedes had. this truck hauls like a champ although your mileage will decline (as expected) There are only 3 problems I have with it. 1. The driver' side door rattles a little when over rough roads or bumps. 2. The ash tray rattles a little over rough roads or bumps. 3. Ever since they started adding ethanol to the gas my fuel economy has dropped significantly (From 20 MPG to about 16) Overall, I really love this truck and will continue buying ford trucks.

Favorite Features

Back up sensors, Sirius radio, leather seats, interior room, V8 power, even my fiance loves driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about interior rattles. I dont offroad at all so there really is no excuse for it. Also, find a fix for this stupid ethanol added to gas. I specifically drive across the other side of town to go to the one gas station that has no ethanol in the gas.

65K Miles and Still LOVE IT!
By FordDriver

I have had this truck for almost 4 years and have 65K miles on it. The only issues I have had are the F-150 emblems peeling and the 3rd brake light leaking. Brakes are still good and I haven't had any maintenance issues at all. The mileage averages about 14-15 and horrible (about 9) when towing, although this is expected for a gasoline engine. The ride is very comfortable and actually quieter and a bit smoother than my wife's Infiniti. I would buy again if asked!

Favorite Features

Ride comfort is excellent. Really wouldn't think you are in a truck. Also like the comfort and room the interior offers.

Suggested Improvements

It is a bit sluggish on acceleration, but it is a truck, so not a huge deal. Improve the emblems, both F150s I have owned had this issue.

Great truck!
By Tim

I purchased this truck because I have to haul a large boat. I had a Chevy Tahoe that just didn't haul it well. This truck is awesome for hauling and room. I've had people who have never been in a large truck comment on how much room and comfortable both front and back seats are. The Lariat package is nice with all the toys. It rides nice for a truck and handles better than the suv I had. The standard tires are bad, I'm going to replace those before winter. I little more HP would be ok too

Favorite Features

Looks and features. Very well done and no major problems. I'm a firm believer in preventative maintanence so I change oil every 2K and have it looked at each oil change to see if anything is acting up. Nothing yet

Suggested Improvements

More HP and better gas mileage but I know I'm dreaming.

Glad to be rid of this one
By justaguy

My F150 spends way to much time in the shop. In one year, less than 17,000 miles, the following items have failed: Steering rack, ABS sensors(2), 4wd locking hub relay, AC/Heat fan. Each failure required two trips to the shop, one to diagnose the problem and order the parts, a second for the actual repair. In addition, I had check engine light problems twice.

Suggested Improvements

I know it's a full size V8 truck but still try to improve the gas mileage. Address reliability and parts stocked at dealers.

My awesome experience
By Robert Dent

This is the best truck that I have owned in the last 25 years. The interior makes me the envy of my co-workers. The Smokestone/Arizona beige paint combination really stands out. Power and maneuverability in this truck is unbelievable. You would not think that by the way it handles that this is a big, heavy truck.

Favorite Features

The entire package (Sirius radio, speaker system, steering wheel controls, etc.). Makes me enjoy driving.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a factory installed cat-back system (dual exhaust). Otherwise this is the perfect truck.