Used 2006 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I LOVE this truck!
By lilweebugs

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

this is my first full size truck and everything about it is amazing. It handles better than my 00 escort zx2,04 ranger, and husband's 10 civic si and 04 trailblazer! It is solid, smooth, and quiet. It easily pulls a 20' boat, & 3 horse trailer. the bed is a little small but Able to fit a 2010 rancher in the bed with extender and tie downs, can also haul 15 hay bales or a 5' round bale easily. Cab is very roomy, 6'3 hubby has no complaints, able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 80 lb dogs, 2 carseats and snacks easily! Handles great on every type of surface, or grade. Never needed any type of work, everything runs perfectly.

Favorite Features

LOVE everything about this truck, it is manly and sexy at the same time, handles great on ice adn snow even in 2 wheel drive, rarely put it into4x4 unless i get stuck in snow while climing mountain trails that end in a dead end(lol) but able to get out in 4 low no problem. Crosses rushing 3' deep creeks no problem, mobs through mud and sand. takes climbing rugged steep mountain trails in stride and goes back down easily. Haven't felt it get tippy while 4x4ing, it is solid. High enough you don't hit when there are big rocks or in and out ditches/lumps. It also drives great on the highway 100mph and still smooth sailing. Solid, safe, reliable, and a perfect truck for all my needs!

Suggested Improvements

It sometimes makes a whiring noise when the fan is on. makes a loud noise and jerks occasionaly when put into 4x4. Sometimes makes weird noises while starting and warming up and when driving in cold temps of negative 10f and below. Starts right up though, even if not plugged in and it is -20 below for weeks. fog lamp lights get too hot and kinda melted the cover(just a little discoloring on the plastic). It is a gass hog, averaging about $100 to fill up if empty and 350 miles per tank both hw and cty, a little better gass mileage on only highway about 380. I would like to see a f150 get 25-30mpg in the future. If you don't mind spending big bucks often on gass this is the truck 4 u!

Best F-150 I've Owned So Far
By GK20TH

I special ordered this truck from a local dealership. I love this F-150, I have owned a 1996, 1997 and a 2003 prior to this 2006. This 06 is by far the best, I ordered this truck with the FX4 Luxury package and love having the audio and A/C controls on the steering wheel. I have had only one problem with this vehicle and that is the drivers side power window motor went out. I had to replace the entire window regulator. I thought it was odd that the motor went out with only 34,000 miles. I love this pickup and with me only putting on about 8000 miles a year I expect this truck to last me quite awhile. It's no wonder the F-150 continues to be the best selling vehicle in the country.

Favorite Features

Love the look of the FX4 version. The FX4 luxury package is great for those who want some of the features of a lariat version. The A/C and audio controls attached to the steering wheel are wonderful. The captain's chairs are wonderful and love the fact this truck drives like a car. Sirius Sat Radio.

Suggested Improvements

Ok a common complaint, lack of storage space or should I say lack of small storage spaces. Would be nice to have a small space to hold like a wallet or cellphone besides the cup holders.

very happy with this truck
By pandabear

This is my first purchased pick up after previously owning an 05 mustang, and i will never be able to drive another car again. I have the 5.4. And driving it proper i manage about 16 and a 1/2 mpg. This is the smoothest truck I've ever set foot in. But it can also be an aggressive monster off road. I love its looks, inside and out. I love the shifter in the middle it looks good and is in a perfect arm reaching area. It is pretty powerful. I havent had the pleasure of testing out its great tow capacity yet. Overall I love it.

Favorite Features

The look of the interior. Its smooth handling and ride. Its sleek, smooth body.

Suggested Improvements

To get rid of the censor drivin acceleration pedal and use the direct cable, because the acceleration is a little delayed.

Won't be disapointed
By Ford Truck

This truck is wonderful off road. I have taken it up steep grades and through lots of mud. You can really have a lot of fun and it handles wonderfully off road. It has great power and tows good. Beats Chevrolet and Dodge hands down. No interior of any competitor can even come CLOSE! Bumpers are heavy duty and can withstand just about anything.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Better center console cushion, Bluetooth, trip computer, xenon lights, a way to leave the bed light on.

2006 F-150 FX4
By J

A great all around truck. More power and torque then you will ever need. Stylish design inside and out.

Favorite Features

I have the center console with the shift. Adds a bit of class and sporty appearance to the inside.

Suggested Improvements

If you could get a larger wheel from Ford for this, that would be the only improvement. 20" stock are nice but 24"+ would be awesome.