Used 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Who woulda' thunk, me in a King Ranch!!
By tomerikac

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So here I am, searching craigslist, cars.com, the newspaper and anywhere else to replace my 15 yr old Dodge Ram Laramie for something with a backseat for my two growing kids. I mean I looked everywhere for about 2 years, harrassing car salesmen for the best deal, checking out Rams, Frontiers, F150s, Silverados, Tacomas and Tundras. Then I run across a small ad on craigslist for a 2006 King Ranch crew cab for $20,500, 37k miles. So I call and a previous caller had already talked her (yeah owned by a 55 yr old woman) down to $19.5k. So I made sure I was the 1st to see it, deposited $100 because it was in near mint condition and cannot believe it's mine.

Favorite Features

These things look absolutely marvelous, inside and out. Mine is dark cooper metallic, buffed out, 20" rims. The interior is, of course, the castano leather, clean, quiet, and spacious. It runs extremely smoothely and quietly, and once I aligned the front end, tracks very straight. Overall, it is luxurious. Something, I thought I would never own. It is fully loaded (except 4wd and sunroof), and some features I enjoy are the electrical foldaway mirrors, courtesy lights, auto ac controls, back up assist, etc. And, of course, I just love the soft dark leather on the seats. The truck so far (1 yr. 9k miles) has been very dependable with no repairs or problems.

Suggested Improvements

I'm only getting 15.5 mpg, but fortunately carpool and only drive about 9k a year. I keep thinking that I could sell it and pocket a few grand but just can't bring myself to do it. Funny thing is, my kids prefer going places in my wife's 2002 Kia Sedona because their seats fold way back for naps.

King Ranch Supercrew
By Roger Fellers

I have been very happy with my King Ranch. I would like better gas mileage, however.

Favorite Features

Interior leather and design.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

This is one AWESOME Truck!
By AWESOME Truck!

I just bought this truck about a week ago, and LOVE driving it! So far, my only complaint is the fuel economy (14 city, 17 highway...not too bad for a full size truck I guess!). This should get better as the engine breaks in - I'm still under 1,000 miles on the odometer. I opted for the King Ranch F150, 2WD, SuperCrew, equipped with a sunroof & the 20" wheels. It feels like a very solid truck on the road, yet fits into the garage. It drives like a dream on the highway. It is very nicely appointed on the inside & out, and the King Ranch Castano leather is second to none! I HIGHLY recommend this truck to anyone who appreciates really nice trucks (my wife loves it too!).

Favorite Features

Castano leather, 20" wheels, backup sensors, satellite radio, & power fold-in mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fuel economy with the 20" wheels (although this might get better as the engine breaks in).

I am spoiled
By Gary Moffatt

Extremely quiet and comfortable. Has outstanding pulling power.

Favorite Features

Power moon roof, satellite radio, sound system and power rear sliding window.

Suggested Improvements

Automatically close power moon roof when ignition is turned off.

Nice job Ford!
By Rob

Traded in my 04 Tundra that I had been leasing to purchase the F-150. The King Ranch model could not be matched by any other truck. I had considered the Titan but found that the reliability on the Nissan was less than acceptable. The Dodge had the most horribly unstable ride (felt like I was on a boat) and the Chevy is just plain dull looking. Overall my F-150 has been a real pleasure to drive, you almost forget you're in a truck. But, when you need to pull a trailer or haul a load, the Ford performs like a champ. Not the fastest truck 0-60 (due mainly to its hefty weight) but it will pull just about anything. My biggest complaint is the ride can be bumpy at times due to a short wheelbase.

Favorite Features

Quality of interior components. Sleek exterior appearance. Brakes and suspension perform well on the road. Best insurance institute crash test rating of any truck made (probably the biggest factor for me being a father of two).

Suggested Improvements

Ride can be choppy at times, most often when there is no load in bed. With some payload the problem goes away. Resale value is awful, Ford continues to increase rebates and incentives which drives resale down. My truck lost 40% of its value as soon as I drove it off the lot.