2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
I LOVE this truck!
By lilweebugs on 02/18/11 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

this is my first full size truck and everything about it is amazing. It handles better than my 00 escort zx2,04 ranger, and husband's 10 civic si and 04 trailblazer! It is solid, smooth, and quiet. It easily pulls a 20' boat, & 3 horse trailer. the bed is a little small but Able to fit a 2010 rancher in the bed with extender and tie downs, can also haul 15 hay bales or a 5' round bale easily. Cab is very roomy, 6'3 hubby has no complaints, able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 80 lb dogs, 2 carseats and snacks easily! Handles great on every type of surface, or grade. Never needed any type of work, everything runs perfectly.

Best F-150 I've Owned So Far
By GK20TH on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I special ordered this truck from a local dealership. I love this F-150, I have owned a 1996, 1997 and a 2003 prior to this 2006. This 06 is by far the best, I ordered this truck with the FX4 Luxury package and love having the audio and A/C controls on the steering wheel. I have had only one problem with this vehicle and that is the drivers side power window motor went out. I had to replace the entire window regulator. I thought it was odd that the motor went out with only 34,000 miles. I love this pickup and with me only putting on about 8000 miles a year I expect this truck to last me quite awhile. It's no wonder the F-150 continues to be the best selling vehicle in the country.

very happy with this truck
By pandabear on 04/06/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

This is my first purchased pick up after previously owning an 05 mustang, and i will never be able to drive another car again. I have the 5.4. And driving it proper i manage about 16 and a 1/2 mpg. This is the smoothest truck I've ever set foot in. But it can also be an aggressive monster off road. I love its looks, inside and out. I love the shifter in the middle it looks good and is in a perfect arm reaching area. It is pretty powerful. I havent had the pleasure of testing out its great tow capacity yet. Overall I love it.

Won't be disapointed
By Ford Truck on 03/05/07 22:13 PM (PST)

This truck is wonderful off road. I have taken it up steep grades and through lots of mud. You can really have a lot of fun and it handles wonderfully off road. It has great power and tows good. Beats Chevrolet and Dodge hands down. No interior of any competitor can even come CLOSE! Bumpers are heavy duty and can withstand just about anything.

2006 F-150 FX4
By J on 10/03/06 20:52 PM (PDT)

A great all around truck. More power and torque then you will ever need. Stylish design inside and out.

Having Fun
By JDA on 05/03/06 05:21 AM (PDT)

Great truck, moved up from a XLT and don't know why I didn't buy this one from the start. Do a lot of hunting and can get there most of the time with no problems. Good handling with a decent ride considering it came with the off road package. Only problem is I have a rattle on the passenger side that they haven't been able to narrow down and fix.

FX4... BEST 4X4...
By Great on 02/16/06 00:15 AM (PST)

I was in the market for a new truck for some time. I test drove GMC 1500-AND 2500. I was not impressed. Then I looked into the FX4 crew fully loaded and I have to say it is a blast to drive. With the 20 inch rims the truck sits up high and the interior is great. Solid workmanship and the ride is solid.

Ford Rules!
By warewolf32 on 01/03/06 16:35 PM (PST)

I just had this truck for little over a month now, and it's been nothing but great. The first new vehicle I've ever owned and not griped about something about it after having it for a short amount of time. The fit and finish and overall looks and performance for such a big engine has been the best experience I've ever had with Ford truck.

20 Inchers Outta the Box
By MACHZ on 12/15/05 16:25 PM (PST)

Wow, the 20 inch wheels make this truck. It is unbelievable, a blast to drive, fit and finish is perfect, I'll find out about the fuel economy after the thrill of holding the 3 valve on the floor fades a bit.

Very Happy
By SSmith on 12/04/05 02:33 AM (PST)

I tested everything in the class and also a Tacoma. The only thing that came close was the Titan. The Tundra was just too feminine and the Chevy was just too plain. They haven't changed the styling since at least 2001 when we bought our Tahoe, they look identical inside! The FX4 is a very sporty looking truck with great power. The "Fit and Finish" is very nice. The complete redesign from a couple years ago was very good. Only cheap feeling part of the truck is the shifter knob on the center console. Terrible fuel mileage but that's what you should expect when buying a full size 4-wheel drive vehicle. Definitely happy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.