Used 2006 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Good Truck Just Typical Ford Reliability Issues
By mjm714

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck look wise and quality wise. Very reliable the first 80k miles; now experiencing occasional stalling in reverse and when coming to a stop. My solution since there was no code to go off of: put a new fuel pump module which cost me $160 for the part which I installed myself to save an additional $400. My original fuel pump module was mildly corroded. Hope it solves my prob after taking it to Ford and them not knowing how to diagnose, solve, and fix.

The paint (if you keep it waxed) and the looks of the truck.

Better engineering; like typical Ford vehicles reliability becomes a factor when climbing up the miles. Very unacceptable in my book, as the consumer spends big bucks early on and has continue to keep their vehicle on the road safely.

All Aboard!
By PauL

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Needed room for 6 people. This one fits the bill perfectly. Comfort is A1. But when the back windows are rolled down, sounds like a freight train and the high pitch humming sound kills your ears. The front end shimmies even with new tires. Really disapointed. Gas miliage stinks too. Seems as though braking could be better.

Body style is real sharp. I like the looks! Comfort.

Cab noise when rear windows are rolled down. Brakes. Front end

Great F-150
By gus

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The design inside and outside is great. The space in the supercrew backseat is great. The only fault is the 4.6 feels underpowered.

The interior and exterior styling. Roomy interior. Ride quality

4.6L engine power. the A/C is weak

Need some power - look elsewhere!
By Mike Keating

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 F150 Supercrew 4.6 litre in October of 2006. This was the 1st new truck I had ever owned, man have I been disapointed. Under normal driving conditions I suppose for most the power of the 4.6 litre is adequete. As soon as I hooked my 19 ft boat up to it man where'd the power go Ford? With my Chevy I never even knew the boat was back there, not with this motor. If you plan to haul even the smallest camper/boat do not get an F150 with the 4.6 litre, it's awful! If you are looking for a pickup that drives like a car, buy it. If you need a truck with some power for work/play dont buy an F150 w/ this motor. Overall as soon as I can financially trade this Ford F150 in its gone!

This truck truly drives like a large car. It handles really really well considering its a truck. The am/fm stereo/6 disk cd changer is great!

No storage at all. The truck comes with no locking glove box. If I go to get this vehicle serviced/oil change etc there is no where to lock up anything. The gas mileage is horrible! I know its a small v8 but man this truck has no power, come on Ford its still a truck.

F-150 No wonder it is the top seller!
By GSS

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 13 months of owning my F-150 SuperCrew I am still excited each time I drive it. It is solid, comfortable, looks great inside and out (even after 13 months with 2 kids).

Ride comfort is excellent, build quality very good, interior look and feel best of any truck I have seen, love the overhead sliding rails for storage bins & entertainment system. The flat floor and fold up seats are very handy!

My only wish is that it came with a better base braking system (seems a little old-fashioned). Also would like to see a locking rear differential to help get through the slippery winters and over uneven terrain.