Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

220k miles and going
By Ernest

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking truck, very reliable and strong engine. Tows my boat effortlessly. Averages about 16mpg combined driving (14/19). Very, very low maintenance costs. But, like any other vehicle...do not skimp out on routine maintenance, use synthetic oils.

Best truck I ever owned
By Ron

Very reliable, no major repairs in 118,000 miles. Paint shine & color has hold up, even after 8 years in south Florida and 2 years in Tennessee. Interior is well appointed and comfortable.

Wort Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Stewart

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 FORD F150 4X$ 4.6 motor was probably the best looking land-boat (break out another thousand) that I ever owned. I purchased it as a lease return in 2008 with 26,000 miles on the odometer. Within 30 days the four wheel drive crapped out, costing the dealer $1,800.00 to repair. At another 30 days the instrument cluster dies and I had to wait two months for a new one. Three months later the left front vacuum operated locking hub froze and had to be replaced. Apparently this was a once a year issue for me (owned the truck for 5 years) as water and crud would work its way into the sealed unit. Then both front window regulators starting squealing so bad everytime the window went up or down, that they were replaced. Then the posi rear-end stopped being posi and the clutch disks had to be replaced. Then the real fun started. At about 120K miles the alternator died on the way to work. It was replaced but the the truck would engage in four wheel drive all by itself and the alternator would discharge all the way. I'd have to stop the truck and shut everything off. Re-start and then wait (usually within minutes) before the whole sequence would start all over again. Three alternators later.....same thing. Traded it in on a RAM.

2006 5.4L xlt 4x4
By canrinusace

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, ive had it for a year and half. Was a little gutless when I first purchased it, but after switching out my Battery, changing to full synthetic 5w30, with top a top end oil filter, and air filter I was able to bring out that awesome triton power. Towed 10k lbs on a ball from Calgary to medicine hat (mostly flat with a few long grades 3-6%) and I hardly could tell I had so much weight back there.

This truck has seen mudding in the mounts, towing across country, hell I drove it threw a river, got a squeaky belt and kept right on going lol. In town she looks good, when its time to work shes ready to go. There are issues with these trucks, however I haven't got any yet!

Massive towing (3.73 4x4 with locking diff, trailer brakes) Comfortable ride (old man ford style) Great in slippery conditions although the backend is very light! Shes a looker! I get many comments on the look of my truck :) Roomie!!! I am 6'3 and 370lbs, I require space and this truck has it in spades! And how bout all that triton power, first off if ur looking to race people with your truck, get a ram, if your looking to I donno pull the how on earth can ur truck handle that, this is the truck for you!

Ford really needs to do something about the spark plug issue, I do have the updated motor that was released in mid 06 to help resolve the issue, however im still worried and am due for my plugs to be changed. Also with research its been found that the ports wear out over time and a heavier oil is required to remove the triton tick, as the valves wear out in the aluminum blocks over time and require a thicker oil to continue proper lubrication, ford should have stuck to forged steel in there blocks for this motor, despite the increased price for it! LT tires are a must, its a heavy truck and off pavement driving on anything but LT tires destroys them.

Good Truck Just Typical Ford Reliability Issues
By mjm714

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck look wise and quality wise. Very reliable the first 80k miles; now experiencing occasional stalling in reverse and when coming to a stop. My solution since there was no code to go off of: put a new fuel pump module which cost me $160 for the part which I installed myself to save an additional $400. My original fuel pump module was mildly corroded. Hope it solves my prob after taking it to Ford and them not knowing how to diagnose, solve, and fix.

The paint (if you keep it waxed) and the looks of the truck.

Better engineering; like typical Ford vehicles reliability becomes a factor when climbing up the miles. Very unacceptable in my book, as the consumer spends big bucks early on and has continue to keep their vehicle on the road safely.