Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2006 5.4L xlt 4x4
By canrinusace on 02/13/15 10:48 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, ive had it for a year and half. Was a little gutless when I first purchased it, but after switching out my Battery, changing to full synthetic 5w30, with top a top end oil filter, and air filter I was able to bring out that awesome triton power. Towed 10k lbs on a ball from Calgary to medicine hat (mostly flat with a few long grades 3-6%) and I hardly could tell I had so much weight back there. This truck has seen mudding in the mounts, towing across country, hell I drove it threw a river, got a squeaky belt and kept right on going lol. In town she looks good, when its time to work shes ready to go. There are issues with these trucks, however I haven't got any yet!

Good Truck Just Typical Ford Reliability Issues
By mjm714 on 01/31/15 19:00 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck look wise and quality wise. Very reliable the first 80k miles; now experiencing occasional stalling in reverse and when coming to a stop. My solution since there was no code to go off of: put a new fuel pump module which cost me $160 for the part which I installed myself to save an additional $400. My original fuel pump module was mildly corroded. Hope it solves my prob after taking it to Ford and them not knowing how to diagnose, solve, and fix.

Problems after 100,000 km
By catrunner953 on 04/10/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck when it had 59,000 km. Never had any problems exceot for an odd ticking noise when idling. Seems as soon as I hit 100,000 km things started to go. Between 100,000 and 120,000 km the window regulator on my drivers door failed...window simply dropped. I started to get a rough idle and the check engine light came on and ran very bad just long enough for me to pull over, but suddenly it smoothed out. Odd clunking noise from the rear end and shifting started to get rough. Then a fuel injector went, plugs went, catalyctic went. Great truck until 100,000 km. Sell it at 99,000 or you will be sorry...

Transmission Problems
By hphcanalfulton on 12/11/12 05:41 AM (PST)

The transmissions are junk in these trucks and Ford Motors will not even acknowledge that there is a problem with their design. A person with a normal job making less than $40,000 a year cannot afford both maintenance and the payment on one of these trucks.

06 F-150 SUPERCREW 4X2 XLT (5.4L)
By on 07/17/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

Going on 6 yrs now with mine, and 34,500 miles. Never skips a beat , and have done all sched maintenance. No problems with the 5.4L so far, but seems a little sluggish. On my 2nd set of tires; the tires from ford only lasted for 34000 and started to split. Hope to go another 6yrs with this truck then trade it in for a new one. Quiet ride with little road noise .

Performance failing with increased mileage
By keno321 on 01/19/12 02:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck with 17k miles. Great ride and performance and was well pleased. I always followed the service and maintenance recommendations, oil changes, rotations, filters etc. all done and on schedule. I travel a lot and am now at 140k miles and it's falling apart. First the 4 wheel drive stop working and now the engine, transmission or fuel system has gone bad, truck flutters really awful when in overdrive, accelerating or simply trying to climb a hill on the interstate. Next the truck just stops going when coming to a coast of stop sign some times. It just falls into a idling state. The old saying that FORD is an acronym for "Fix Or Repair Daily" has come true for me.

06 F150 SUPERCREW 2 WHEEL DRIVE 5.4 L
By f1raptor on 11/03/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

Haved owned the 06 F150 SUPERCREW 5.4L now for 5 yrs and just turning 30,000 miles. No problems to date just change the oil every 5000 and keep driving. Going to try and push this truck anouther 5 yrs and see what happens, would buy anouther F150 if i had to.

Great Truck!
By oldblue12 on 08/02/11 09:15 AM (PDT)

Super reliable vehicle! I am on my 2nd set of tires (Goodyear Silent Armors) whcih may have caused my mileage to drop a bit. I use to average 17.2 MPG mixed. Now it has dropped to about 16.8. I love the quiet steel Ford incorporated into the vehicle. Keeps the road noise to a very minimum! I also love the roominess. I wishi t had more interior storage though.

Who woulda' thunk, me in a King Ranch!!
By tomerikac on 07/20/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So here I am, searching craigslist, cars.com, the newspaper and anywhere else to replace my 15 yr old Dodge Ram Laramie for something with a backseat for my two growing kids. I mean I looked everywhere for about 2 years, harrassing car salesmen for the best deal, checking out Rams, Frontiers, F150s, Silverados, Tacomas and Tundras. Then I run across a small ad on craigslist for a 2006 King Ranch crew cab for $20,500, 37k miles. So I call and a previous caller had already talked her (yeah owned by a 55 yr old woman) down to $19.5k. So I made sure I was the 1st to see it, deposited $100 because it was in near mint condition and cannot believe it's mine.

Better 2nd time around
By urbancowboy on 03/06/11 16:36 PM (PST)

I purchased a new 2004 F150 and had nothing but problems, all covered under warranty. Of course this was the new model year out. So I traded it for a 2006 and I only had 2 problems. The 3rd tail light leaked and was fixed under warranty and Seatbelt was put on from the plant backwards. I don't know how that happened. This truck has been awesome since then. No problems since then. I would purchase another considering the new model has better fuel economy and I read it is much more roomier. I have 2 kids, wife and dog and I considered buying a van but I always use the bed for hauling stuff. I just put on vinyl bed cover and it is locked away. Very quiet on the road.