2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Problems after 100,000 km
By catrunner953 on 04/10/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck when it had 59,000 km. Never had any problems exceot for an odd ticking noise when idling. Seems as soon as I hit 100,000 km things started to go. Between 100,000 and 120,000 km the window regulator on my drivers door failed...window simply dropped. I started to get a rough idle and the check engine light came on and ran very bad just long enough for me to pull over, but suddenly it smoothed out. Odd clunking noise from the rear end and shifting started to get rough. Then a fuel injector went, plugs went, catalyctic went. Great truck until 100,000 km. Sell it at 99,000 or you will be sorry...

Transmission Problems
By hphcanalfulton on 12/11/12 05:41 AM (PST)

The transmissions are junk in these trucks and Ford Motors will not even acknowledge that there is a problem with their design. A person with a normal job making less than $40,000 a year cannot afford both maintenance and the payment on one of these trucks.

06 F-150 SUPERCREW 4X2 XLT (5.4L)
By on 07/17/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Going on 6 yrs now with mine, and 34,500 miles. Never skips a beat , and have done all sched maintenance. No problems with the 5.4L so far, but seems a little sluggish. On my 2nd set of tires; the tires from ford only lasted for 34000 and started to split. Hope to go another 6yrs with this truck then trade it in for a new one. Quiet ride with little road noise .

Performance failing with increased mileage
By keno321 on 01/19/12 02:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck with 17k miles. Great ride and performance and was well pleased. I always followed the service and maintenance recommendations, oil changes, rotations, filters etc. all done and on schedule. I travel a lot and am now at 140k miles and it's falling apart. First the 4 wheel drive stop working and now the engine, transmission or fuel system has gone bad, truck flutters really awful when in overdrive, accelerating or simply trying to climb a hill on the interstate. Next the truck just stops going when coming to a coast of stop sign some times. It just falls into a idling state. The old saying that FORD is an acronym for "Fix Or Repair Daily" has come true for me.

06 F150 SUPERCREW 2 WHEEL DRIVE 5.4 L
By f1raptor on 11/03/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

Haved owned the 06 F150 SUPERCREW 5.4L now for 5 yrs and just turning 30,000 miles. No problems to date just change the oil every 5000 and keep driving. Going to try and push this truck anouther 5 yrs and see what happens, would buy anouther F150 if i had to.

Great Truck!
By oldblue12 on 08/02/11 09:15 AM (PDT)

Super reliable vehicle! I am on my 2nd set of tires (Goodyear Silent Armors) whcih may have caused my mileage to drop a bit. I use to average 17.2 MPG mixed. Now it has dropped to about 16.8. I love the quiet steel Ford incorporated into the vehicle. Keeps the road noise to a very minimum! I also love the roominess. I wishi t had more interior storage though.

Who woulda' thunk, me in a King Ranch!!
By tomerikac on 07/20/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So here I am, searching craigslist, cars.com, the newspaper and anywhere else to replace my 15 yr old Dodge Ram Laramie for something with a backseat for my two growing kids. I mean I looked everywhere for about 2 years, harrassing car salesmen for the best deal, checking out Rams, Frontiers, F150s, Silverados, Tacomas and Tundras. Then I run across a small ad on craigslist for a 2006 King Ranch crew cab for $20,500, 37k miles. So I call and a previous caller had already talked her (yeah owned by a 55 yr old woman) down to $19.5k. So I made sure I was the 1st to see it, deposited $100 because it was in near mint condition and cannot believe it's mine.

Better 2nd time around
By urbancowboy on 03/06/11 16:36 PM (PST)

I purchased a new 2004 F150 and had nothing but problems, all covered under warranty. Of course this was the new model year out. So I traded it for a 2006 and I only had 2 problems. The 3rd tail light leaked and was fixed under warranty and Seatbelt was put on from the plant backwards. I don't know how that happened. This truck has been awesome since then. No problems since then. I would purchase another considering the new model has better fuel economy and I read it is much more roomier. I have 2 kids, wife and dog and I considered buying a van but I always use the bed for hauling stuff. I just put on vinyl bed cover and it is locked away. Very quiet on the road.

I LOVE this truck!
By lilweebugs on 02/18/11 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

this is my first full size truck and everything about it is amazing. It handles better than my 00 escort zx2,04 ranger, and husband's 10 civic si and 04 trailblazer! It is solid, smooth, and quiet. It easily pulls a 20' boat, & 3 horse trailer. the bed is a little small but Able to fit a 2010 rancher in the bed with extender and tie downs, can also haul 15 hay bales or a 5' round bale easily. Cab is very roomy, 6'3 hubby has no complaints, able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 80 lb dogs, 2 carseats and snacks easily! Handles great on every type of surface, or grade. Never needed any type of work, everything runs perfectly.

Problems Every 10k Miles
By hdjock on 01/21/11 09:34 AM (PST)

I bought my truck brand new in 2006 and right at every 10k miles up to my 70k mile mark I have had problems of every kind. If it wasn't the window controls on the driver side it was the CatCon going out and running me almost $2500. My truck has been good as far as getting from place to place but gas mileage is horrible, it used to get 450 miles to a 26 gal tank, now it barely gets 300 so be prepared for that. This is not a truck used for work or any kind of off-roading. The other thing that I can't stand is how the 4x4 works. You have to put it into nuetral to switch the 4x4 in, then you have to put it into drive then nuetral then reverse and then back into drive for it to kick in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.