Used 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great family truck
By Bert

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck, can get family of four into w/no prob. Truck tow great, no lack of torque for hulling.

Favorite Features

Leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Longer ext cab would be nice. For littles one fine for now.

Was in love
By Ca Native

Even though I had an idea that the MPG would be far less than I would like, it was like going from the ridiculous to the sublime. Around town I average 12/14MPG, Highway, 15/16MPG no load. I pulled a 23' Travel trailer for 6000 Mi. and averaged 9MPG! That little trip coast us $2,000.00! Power from the 5.4L, V-8 is not that good at all on the climbs with trailer...the flat is fine. While I might consider the F- Series truck again, it would be Diesel powered. This truck has been very reliable. Ride quality is much better than a GM product. GM has the power and now MPG edge. JCH

Favorite Features

Reliability, ride quality, looks, driver visability. Fit & finish is good.

Suggested Improvements

Increased gas, V-8 HP, torque and MPG, diesel engine option

Bumps & Rattles
By Gary

The truck is enjoyable to drive, however every moderate bump in the road sends a chilling vibration through both inner doors and (yes) they do rattle loudly! I do have the towing pkg, but I feel the ride should be much softer, smoother, and quieter. The looks and style of the truck inside and out are great. Fuel economy is ok, however I can't help wondering what kind of a rattletrap this truck will be in 5 years. One final word, the first cold weather start (17 degrees) the 5.4 engine whistled loudly for several minutes before finally settling down.

Favorite Features

The looks inside and out, the 6 CD player, the big mirrors, dash setup and handling are all nice.

Suggested Improvements

Fire the cup holder designer and come up with one that's practical and doesn't require 2 hands to use, and a small light for location would help too. Most of all investigate why the inner workings of the doors shake and rattle when going over moderate bumps in the road.

Great truck but weak A/C in AZ
By wm link

I am really impressed with nearly all of this vehicle in first 100 miles. Interior design is SHARP and beyond comparison...but how did Ford goof up the air conditioning (2004-06 design) over prior models? Ford A/C had been ICE cold...nearly meat locker rated for years. I rated the truck as 9 over 10 under the comfort, build design and reliability due to the disappointing A/C. The drive is quiet but performance seems lacking over my 1998 model with same 5.4 engine...yet has more HP, that I cannot feel. Is it a numbers game? So far I am recommending this truck with reservations on the A/C. I hold out optimism that the A/C can be massaged a few degrees cooler.

Favorite Features

I like everything about the truck except the A/C. The dash design and color contrasts are MUCH appreciated over what is available in other makes. The gauge package is sharp as well...night illumination very attractive. Two tone paint should have been kept standard equipment on the Lariats.

Suggested Improvements

Could you (Ford) please put back in the $8.25 that I am guessing you actually saved on each A/C unit so we have decent A/C in such a nice vehicle. I had a 56 Cadillac with a better factory A/C! Engine performance I was expecting to be BETTER than my 98 model of the same engine.