2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab 5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

Lariat SuperCab (5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great family truck
By Bert on 05/22/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck, can get family of four into w/no prob. Truck tow great, no lack of torque for hulling.

Was in love
By Ca Native on 01/26/08 00:52 AM (PST)

Even though I had an idea that the MPG would be far less than I would like, it was like going from the ridiculous to the sublime. Around town I average 12/14MPG, Highway, 15/16MPG no load. I pulled a 23' Travel trailer for 6000 Mi. and averaged 9MPG! That little trip coast us $2,000.00! Power from the 5.4L, V-8 is not that good at all on the climbs with trailer...the flat is fine. While I might consider the F- Series truck again, it would be Diesel powered. This truck has been very reliable. Ride quality is much better than a GM product. GM has the power and now MPG edge. JCH

Bumps & Rattles
By Gary on 12/05/06 06:39 AM (PST)

The truck is enjoyable to drive, however every moderate bump in the road sends a chilling vibration through both inner doors and (yes) they do rattle loudly! I do have the towing pkg, but I feel the ride should be much softer, smoother, and quieter. The looks and style of the truck inside and out are great. Fuel economy is ok, however I can't help wondering what kind of a rattletrap this truck will be in 5 years. One final word, the first cold weather start (17 degrees) the 5.4 engine whistled loudly for several minutes before finally settling down.

Great truck but weak A/C in AZ
By wm link on 09/01/06 22:58 PM (PDT)

I am really impressed with nearly all of this vehicle in first 100 miles. Interior design is SHARP and beyond comparison...but how did Ford goof up the air conditioning (2004-06 design) over prior models? Ford A/C had been ICE cold...nearly meat locker rated for years. I rated the truck as 9 over 10 under the comfort, build design and reliability due to the disappointing A/C. The drive is quiet but performance seems lacking over my 1998 model with same 5.4 engine...yet has more HP, that I cannot feel. Is it a numbers game? So far I am recommending this truck with reservations on the A/C. I hold out optimism that the A/C can be massaged a few degrees cooler.