Used 2006 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

This may help!
By Dan

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

3rd Ford truck, and still impressed!. I have the 06' 4 door supercab 5.4 L Triton. If you have the water leak, it's coming from the high mount lamp exterior. a simple bead of clear silicone around the edges of the lamp has permanently resolved this! Why bother with the dealership? USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!. I have heard the 5.4 L Triton has less oil to the top half problems if this is an issue. I have NEVER had a single problem with ANY of my Ford trucks, but, I have learned a few tricks about their little quirks. GREAT TRUCKS!, and come on guys/girls, we aren't driving a 4cyll Toyota coupe, we are driving a 5500 lb V-8 truck, so lets not complain about gas mileage huh?

Looks!, ride!, power, reliability!

the fuel sensor! when I hit the gas, I don't want a 3 second delay..

Disappointed with Dealer/Ford HQ
By Will

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

19K miles and vehicle stalls. Had it brought in to dealer in Lafayette, said no problem existed. 3 months later, vehicle stalls and towed back to dealer. Fuel Pump, Fuel Regulator all need to be replaced. Informed my Service Manager that is normal wear/tear for fuel pump and regulator. $1500 to replace. Called Ford, no help. Once out shop, vehicle start problems. Im so MAD. Ridiculous pump going out, and I average 5k miles per year. Was told that was the reason for pump failing, lack of driving. So if you buy a Ford, ask how long its been on lot, so say the fuel pump/regulators go out if they sit

Chrome Package, Auto Rear Sliding Window

4.6 on Supercab SB is weak. AC needs a boost. Wheres the auxillary jack for my ipod. Quality of product, dealership care, Ford customer care are all questionable now to me

3rd Ford truck! still impressed!
By Dan

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm on my 3rd Ford truck. 2 Rangers, and now the F-150. I've owned my last 2 for at least 5-7 years, and NEVER had a single problem. I've over exceeded weight capacities, towed, hauled, even pulled tree's out of the ground! This F-150 is powerful enough, sharp looking, and more comfortable than my Rangers. I can only agree with other reviews that the A/C is weak, and I live in southwest Florida. So far averaging the SAME mileage with this 5.4L as I did with my 3.0 supercab Ranger! It also has enough back seat room for the baby seat. If I have the same luck with this 5.4L, 4 door supercab as I did with my Rangers, then I'm sticking with the Fords!

Looks, ride, power, room, and 16MPG CITY isn't bad!

A/C needs to be better.

Excellent Truck
By Pete

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy this truck. It feels very solid, and is very quiet in all driving conditions. I was surprised when I got 18+ mpg on a trip I recently took. It is a comfortable and fun truck to drive. The supercrew has plenty of interior room when driving the family around, and can haul or carry construction related material with ease. I find the truck to have more than enough power. The power sunroof is huge ,and it feels like I'm in a convertible with all of the windows, the sunroof and rear slider open on a warm sunny day.

Power moonroof and sliding rear window

None

First Ford Pickup
By Sam

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford continues to have a "Better Idea". It doesn't have the best engine, it doesn't have the most impressive interior or exterior, but in the final analysis, it is the sales leader year in and year out because of the package. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts and that is the key. It offers an excellent combination of comfort, power and styling that aces its competition. My XLT Crew Cab with Texas and Oklahoma Package came with power seat, mp3, 6 disc CD, running boards, 4.6L V8, automatic, keyless entry, 3 interior power points, enough room for six adults and it can tow a small yacht with ease. It's about the package. It is not the best at anything specific, but best overall.

Simplicity of design, well conceived and executed. The truck has the road manners of a luxury car, quiet and effortless in motion. A great device to haul stuff and move 4-6 people in combination. Nice sound system and an interior that very comfortable.

Power and brakes. It lacks enough of both. Eighteen inch wheels would be nice. Steering wheel mounted audio controls.Standard bed liner, traction control and locking rear differential. Better headlights and side body makers More interior storage with rear seating that folds flat.