Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

$1000 for a tune up - no joke
By nightynight

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you are thinking about buying an 06 F-150, I highly recommend going to any auto shop and asking how much it will be for a tune up. The problem is the spark plugs break off when tried to be removed. So did Ford do a recall? Nope. They made a special tool that shops have to buy to help decrease the chances of breakage. BS!!! Does the tool work? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Half of mine broke even after they were soaked overnight. My bill? $1000!!! Very disappointed in Ford.

2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L Review
By maxxtruck9906

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is one of the best on the market. I sold it at 135,000 miles, and it was still running strong with no issues. I highly recommend this truck! Reliable, TUFF, and family friendly.

Favorite Features

5.4L Engine, 4wd, rear power windows, heat that worked like a mini furnace! And more!

Suggested Improvements

None!

best truck ever
By buzz1439

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

ive had this truck for over 4 years and has 38000 miles on it. not a lot of miles i know, but ive never had any issues with it. i love this truck. ive owned a lot of vehicles, mainly trucks, and this is by far, the best. i would never trade or sell.

Favorite Features

its 5.4 liter engine and the power that comes with it

Dan's Triton motor update!
By dan1085

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Here's my update. I'm the "Dan" guy who posts about 3rd Ford truck and still impressed. I finally started to get a misfire. Dealership said it didn't throw ONE SINGLE CODE (like all other keep posting about) no cam phasers, sensors, lifters etc. Replaced all 8 plugs, and misfire is resolved as of yesterday. NOT ONE BROKE!, only 56k, but still 6 years old. I really think the 2 piece spark plug design is horrible and YES causing a lot of you financial hardship, however....change them at or before 60k. I really think that any V-8 not changing plugs til 120k, like I keep reading will obviously give someone a lot of trouble removing. Use Mobil-1 5w-20w, NOT the old fashioned sludge 10w-40

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, room, power, reliability. The model suggestions didn't give me the option to select 5.4L XLT 5.5ft bed, but thats what I have in the Supercab.

Suggested Improvements

Poor AC, takes too long to cool. The spark plug issue, and for god sake it's a 330ci engine with only 300HP??? come on now, oh well, I didn't buy it to race Cobra Mustangs, and GTO's.

Tips and concerns
By dan251

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I read he horror stories, and I still what's going on. 3rd Ford truck and still impressed. 2 Rangers, now a 5.4 XLT Supercab 2006. No plug blow outs, no leaks, oil lifters etc. I do, however, after research and experience, think the 5.4 is a high maintenance engine. MUST use a light weight FULLY synthetic oil, K&N air filter, the correct oil filter, and CHANGE PLUGS at 60K. Run fuel injector cleaner every 3 fills. I only have 46K, but I really think preventative maint. is the key. Are some of you "romping" on these trucks? ie; break-stands, tug-o war?. Who knows, I may have all these problems at some point but I have never had one single malfunction/problem with ANY of the 3 I'v own

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, power, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

...just the darn AC man..come on, it takes too long to kick in, and I live in Southwest Florida...