2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
$1000 for a tune up - no joke
By nightynight on 06/11/14 00:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you are thinking about buying an 06 F-150, I highly recommend going to any auto shop and asking how much it will be for a tune up. The problem is the spark plugs break off when tried to be removed. So did Ford do a recall? Nope. They made a special tool that shops have to buy to help decrease the chances of breakage. BS!!! Does the tool work? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Half of mine broke even after they were soaked overnight. My bill? $1000!!! Very disappointed in Ford.

2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L Review
By maxxtruck9906 on 12/20/13 16:24 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is one of the best on the market. I sold it at 135,000 miles, and it was still running strong with no issues. I highly recommend this truck! Reliable, TUFF, and family friendly.

best truck ever
By buzz1439 on 12/05/12 01:16 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

ive had this truck for over 4 years and has 38000 miles on it. not a lot of miles i know, but ive never had any issues with it. i love this truck. ive owned a lot of vehicles, mainly trucks, and this is by far, the best. i would never trade or sell.

Dan's Triton motor update!
By dan1085 on 10/13/12 07:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Here's my update. I'm the "Dan" guy who posts about 3rd Ford truck and still impressed. I finally started to get a misfire. Dealership said it didn't throw ONE SINGLE CODE (like all other keep posting about) no cam phasers, sensors, lifters etc. Replaced all 8 plugs, and misfire is resolved as of yesterday. NOT ONE BROKE!, only 56k, but still 6 years old. I really think the 2 piece spark plug design is horrible and YES causing a lot of you financial hardship, however....change them at or before 60k. I really think that any V-8 not changing plugs til 120k, like I keep reading will obviously give someone a lot of trouble removing. Use Mobil-1 5w-20w, NOT the old fashioned sludge 10w-40

Tips and concerns
By dan251 on 08/01/11 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I read he horror stories, and I still what's going on. 3rd Ford truck and still impressed. 2 Rangers, now a 5.4 XLT Supercab 2006. No plug blow outs, no leaks, oil lifters etc. I do, however, after research and experience, think the 5.4 is a high maintenance engine. MUST use a light weight FULLY synthetic oil, K&N air filter, the correct oil filter, and CHANGE PLUGS at 60K. Run fuel injector cleaner every 3 fills. I only have 46K, but I really think preventative maint. is the key. Are some of you "romping" on these trucks? ie; break-stands, tug-o war?. Who knows, I may have all these problems at some point but I have never had one single malfunction/problem with ANY of the 3 I'v own

rough idle on start
By defuniak1 on 07/15/11 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used 2 weeks ago, dealer gave a warranty, thank god....Noticed it had a miss at cold start. Took it to the dealer a week later...they have had the truck for 3 days now...changed plugs, checked fuel pump...still no word on what the problem is....said the compression was low...still waiting on the verdict....I am happy with the looks and comfort, but not happy with this issue, this is my 4th ford...all the others were wonderful

The Best American Truck!
By usmc1371 on 06/17/11 21:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for 4 yrs. Now and I love it. NO problems at all. It is a solid fun to drive truck, that has plenty of power to pull and fun to go 4-wheelin her in Utah!

I love this truck
By Gary Clontz on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was sorry to read about all the problems some owners are having with their F-150. I guess I got a good one. 65,000 miles and no major problems. The driver's side electric window switch has become intermittent, which is annoying. And the Ford emblem on the front has become opaque and looks bad. The cloth seats stain easily and no amount of cleaning gets them real clean. I switched over to 100% synthetic oil at about 30,000 miles. Still haven't replaced the plugs and tranny is fine so far. I have the 5.4 Triton engine, which I think is pretty good and necessary for this heavy truck. I got the tow package and towed a full heavy trailer no sweat. At 65,000, still have orig. brakes and battery.

Bought it used
By justjohn on 08/06/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used. It had a little less tha 70,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it at all. My wife and I love the interior comfort and easy drivability of the truck. Of course I am a Ford man. The last Ford truck I bought (before this one) was a 1992 f150 xlt. I got 250.000 miles off it and still managed to get $2000 trade in when I paid cash for this new (used 2006) I hope I will get the same service out of it. So far I am getting 15 mpg mixed. Which in my opinion is not all that bad. For a truck this size.

This may help!
By Dan on 04/29/10 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

3rd Ford truck, and still impressed!. I have the 06' 4 door supercab 5.4 L Triton. If you have the water leak, it's coming from the high mount lamp exterior. a simple bead of clear silicone around the edges of the lamp has permanently resolved this! Why bother with the dealership? USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!. I have heard the 5.4 L Triton has less oil to the top half problems if this is an issue. I have NEVER had a single problem with ANY of my Ford trucks, but, I have learned a few tricks about their little quirks. GREAT TRUCKS!, and come on guys/girls, we aren't driving a 4cyll Toyota coupe, we are driving a 5500 lb V-8 truck, so lets not complain about gas mileage huh?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.