Used 2006 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Southern Comfort Haulin'
By Leon Reese

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Selling due to retirement and no longer needed. Excellent vehicle for hauling or just traveling. Great highway vehicle. I have always kept it in an enclosed garage. Locking roll-up bed cover and locking tailgate are very handy.

Great Truck for the price
By Tonman

Purchased this truck with only 25,000 miles on it for under 10,000. I love the 5 speed manual and sitting up high. I have owned Ford trucks all my life and will always by fords.

Nice vinyl seats, the price, 5 speed manual,style of exterior

air conditioning should be standard.

Bad Transmission 2006 F150
By at

At only 18 thousand miles and 3 months out of warranty, the transmission goes out on my 2006 F150 with a 6 cylinder-- Ford did not help with the $3000 transmission replacement either. The bad part is that it is slipping again-- I bought this new thinking it would last, I guess I should have kept my reliable 1988 GMC.

Good machine
By Coloradoguy

Though I have extremely low mileage on my truck, I have been very pleased with it overall. Suspension is very stiff, but that adds to payload capacity and handling, therefore worth it. The rack and pinion steering does require driving proficiency, so not for everyone (I like it). Mileage is better than average in real world use. Mostly city is about 18 and highway I have gotten 21.5 (in mountains), using 85 octane. The five speed manual is a bit on the stiff side, but feels very stout as one would expect for a truck transmission. CD Stereo has amazing sound quality.

High profile for 2wd truck. Virtually no lean on cornering. CD stereo has exceptional sound quality. Fuel economy in actual use is very good. Stainless exhaust system. Brakes are awesome! Huge rotors front and rear and they work. Mine is red and looks great.

Smoother shifting 5spd (suprisingly it is made in Japan??). Armrest really needs storage area. Window crank placement stinks! Power of 6 is ok with 5 spd, but 4.2 liters could do more..

Unload both barrels
By possum

The steering is too light. The rack/pinion-power assisted steering is way overboard. It's almost unsafe to a point where I only drive this truck on out of town trips when I have to go. I drive class 8 trucks about 6000 miles a week, with my wife. Neither her or I choose to drive the Ford to work. It just sits in the garage waiting to be sold when it gets about 2 yrs old, so as we won't loose money on today's market. Our main means of transportation is still my old 2000 model Sonoma 4x4 with 74000 miles on it. Our next pick-up will be another Chevy or GMC.

The Ford p/up has an unbelivable turning radius. It turns like its on rails. This is a pleasure to wheel around in tight parking lots and spaces.

Driver and passenger comfort in the seating department on your standard p/up's. Also change the location of the manual window handles. Have you tried to use them for yourselves? Not everyone buys all the bells and whistles you know