2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck for the price
By Tonman on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this truck with only 25,000 miles on it for under 10,000. I love the 5 speed manual and sitting up high. I have owned Ford trucks all my life and will always by fords.

Bad Transmission 2006 F150
By at on 08/21/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

At only 18 thousand miles and 3 months out of warranty, the transmission goes out on my 2006 F150 with a 6 cylinder-- Ford did not help with the $3000 transmission replacement either. The bad part is that it is slipping again-- I bought this new thinking it would last, I guess I should have kept my reliable 1988 GMC.

Always enjoyed Ford
By Brian on 05/11/08 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third F series pickup. I've enjoyed this truck. I travel up and down the east coast with a 7 by 14 trailer, with 490 miles to a tank, this is the best one by far. The styling and interior design are wonderful.

Good machine
By Coloradoguy on 01/20/08 01:03 AM (PST)

Though I have extremely low mileage on my truck, I have been very pleased with it overall. Suspension is very stiff, but that adds to payload capacity and handling, therefore worth it. The rack and pinion steering does require driving proficiency, so not for everyone (I like it). Mileage is better than average in real world use. Mostly city is about 18 and highway I have gotten 21.5 (in mountains), using 85 octane. The five speed manual is a bit on the stiff side, but feels very stout as one would expect for a truck transmission. CD Stereo has amazing sound quality.

Unload both barrels
By possum on 09/23/07 20:37 PM (PDT)

The steering is too light. The rack/pinion-power assisted steering is way overboard. It's almost unsafe to a point where I only drive this truck on out of town trips when I have to go. I drive class 8 trucks about 6000 miles a week, with my wife. Neither her or I choose to drive the Ford to work. It just sits in the garage waiting to be sold when it gets about 2 yrs old, so as we won't loose money on today's market. Our main means of transportation is still my old 2000 model Sonoma 4x4 with 74000 miles on it. Our next pick-up will be another Chevy or GMC.

More Bang For Your Buck
By Leon on 10/24/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can't beat what you get for the dollar. Found this truck for thousands less than Dodge or GM, and got cloth interior which was way better than the Chevy W/T package. Getting 19 MPG with 4.6 v8. Use the truck to haul and have had no problems, have only done general maintenance, oil is easy to change. My only complaint is a light tailgate!

Big Blue Truck
By steve on 08/24/06 14:03 PM (PDT)

V6 auto is slow. Regular cab with a short bed is the most well-balanced look of any pickup. Ride with empty bed is too rough and bouncy over even small bumps. Since I drive it 99% of the time with no load, the current suspension setup is not my thing. Very smooth and quiet highway ride though. Never buy manual window and door locks again. It is a pain when going through tolls. Backup sensor is worth the money.

my truck
By steve on 08/21/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

This is my first Ford. V-6 auto is weak. Empty bed is bouncy over even small bumps. As I drive 99% of the time with an empty bed, the current suspension is not my thing. Good smooth highway ride though, and quiet. Backup sensor was worth the buck. Never buy one again with manual windows and door lock. I thought I will never lower the window but what a hassle going through the toll booth.

My F150
By Billy Meeks on 07/22/06 07:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable and smooth ride but poor fuel mileage makes passing gas stations hard. Very solid truck with lots of interior space. 4X4 system pulls very well. 4.6 motor is a little sluggish.

Ford needs new management
By ac389 on 07/15/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

Poor economy, real bad brakes, very poor ride characteristics, engine is underpowered compared to other trucks, manual transmission shifts poorly, seats are starting to tear at 2500 miles. This truck is very obsolete compared to the competition. This truck weighs 4760 lbs, has 202 hp, gets 13 to 16 mph. Don't waste your money on this truck. For a business buying this vehicle, would be subject to insurance issues from workman's comp due to loading height. Ford is lost when building quality, efficient autos.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.