Used 2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

under powered
By Warren Torchia

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

bought this truck with 136 000 khm on it. i was using it for work so i needed something reliable. the truck was great it motor ran smoothly everything was responsive. no major issues so far. the only complaint i would have is for a v8 engine it was lazy. tried replacing spark plugs and gas filter but still had a slow moving truck. other then that the truck was great no real problems other then basic up keep would recommend to anyone who needs a solid truck

Suggested Improvements

more power its a v8 it should be able to move and haul with ease

Great Truck for the price
By Tonman

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this truck with only 25,000 miles on it for under 10,000. I love the 5 speed manual and sitting up high. I have owned Ford trucks all my life and will always by fords.

Favorite Features

Nice vinyl seats, the price, 5 speed manual,style of exterior

Suggested Improvements

air conditioning should be standard.

Bad Transmission 2006 F150
By at

At only 18 thousand miles and 3 months out of warranty, the transmission goes out on my 2006 F150 with a 6 cylinder-- Ford did not help with the $3000 transmission replacement either. The bad part is that it is slipping again-- I bought this new thinking it would last, I guess I should have kept my reliable 1988 GMC.

Always enjoyed Ford
By Brian

2006 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third F series pickup. I've enjoyed this truck. I travel up and down the east coast with a 7 by 14 trailer, with 490 miles to a tank, this is the best one by far. The styling and interior design are wonderful.

Favorite Features

Easy to say, all of them.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more power for the 4.6L

Good machine
By Coloradoguy

Though I have extremely low mileage on my truck, I have been very pleased with it overall. Suspension is very stiff, but that adds to payload capacity and handling, therefore worth it. The rack and pinion steering does require driving proficiency, so not for everyone (I like it). Mileage is better than average in real world use. Mostly city is about 18 and highway I have gotten 21.5 (in mountains), using 85 octane. The five speed manual is a bit on the stiff side, but feels very stout as one would expect for a truck transmission. CD Stereo has amazing sound quality.

Favorite Features

High profile for 2wd truck. Virtually no lean on cornering. CD stereo has exceptional sound quality. Fuel economy in actual use is very good. Stainless exhaust system. Brakes are awesome! Huge rotors front and rear and they work. Mine is red and looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting 5spd (suprisingly it is made in Japan??). Armrest really needs storage area. Window crank placement stinks! Power of 6 is ok with 5 spd, but 4.2 liters could do more..