2006 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
$1000 for a tune up - no joke
By nightynight on 06/11/14 00:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you are thinking about buying an 06 F-150, I highly recommend going to any auto shop and asking how much it will be for a tune up. The problem is the spark plugs break off when tried to be removed. So did Ford do a recall? Nope. They made a special tool that shops have to buy to help decrease the chances of breakage. BS!!! Does the tool work? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Half of mine broke even after they were soaked overnight. My bill? $1000!!! Very disappointed in Ford.

2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L Review
By maxxtruck9906 on 12/20/13 16:24 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is one of the best on the market. I sold it at 135,000 miles, and it was still running strong with no issues. I highly recommend this truck! Reliable, TUFF, and family friendly.

Problems after 100,000 km
By catrunner953 on 04/10/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck when it had 59,000 km. Never had any problems exceot for an odd ticking noise when idling. Seems as soon as I hit 100,000 km things started to go. Between 100,000 and 120,000 km the window regulator on my drivers door failed...window simply dropped. I started to get a rough idle and the check engine light came on and ran very bad just long enough for me to pull over, but suddenly it smoothed out. Odd clunking noise from the rear end and shifting started to get rough. Then a fuel injector went, plugs went, catalyctic went. Great truck until 100,000 km. Sell it at 99,000 or you will be sorry...

Transmission Problems
By hphcanalfulton on 12/11/12 05:41 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The transmissions are junk in these trucks and Ford Motors will not even acknowledge that there is a problem with their design. A person with a normal job making less than $40,000 a year cannot afford both maintenance and the payment on one of these trucks.

best truck ever
By buzz1439 on 12/05/12 01:16 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

ive had this truck for over 4 years and has 38000 miles on it. not a lot of miles i know, but ive never had any issues with it. i love this truck. ive owned a lot of vehicles, mainly trucks, and this is by far, the best. i would never trade or sell.

Dan's Triton motor update!
By dan1085 on 10/13/12 07:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Here's my update. I'm the "Dan" guy who posts about 3rd Ford truck and still impressed. I finally started to get a misfire. Dealership said it didn't throw ONE SINGLE CODE (like all other keep posting about) no cam phasers, sensors, lifters etc. Replaced all 8 plugs, and misfire is resolved as of yesterday. NOT ONE BROKE!, only 56k, but still 6 years old. I really think the 2 piece spark plug design is horrible and YES causing a lot of you financial hardship, however....change them at or before 60k. I really think that any V-8 not changing plugs til 120k, like I keep reading will obviously give someone a lot of trouble removing. Use Mobil-1 5w-20w, NOT the old fashioned sludge 10w-40

06 F-150 SUPERCREW 4X2 XLT (5.4L)
By on 07/17/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Going on 6 yrs now with mine, and 34,500 miles. Never skips a beat , and have done all sched maintenance. No problems with the 5.4L so far, but seems a little sluggish. On my 2nd set of tires; the tires from ford only lasted for 34000 and started to split. Hope to go another 6yrs with this truck then trade it in for a new one. Quiet ride with little road noise .

Performance failing with increased mileage
By keno321 on 01/19/12 02:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck with 17k miles. Great ride and performance and was well pleased. I always followed the service and maintenance recommendations, oil changes, rotations, filters etc. all done and on schedule. I travel a lot and am now at 140k miles and it's falling apart. First the 4 wheel drive stop working and now the engine, transmission or fuel system has gone bad, truck flutters really awful when in overdrive, accelerating or simply trying to climb a hill on the interstate. Next the truck just stops going when coming to a coast of stop sign some times. It just falls into a idling state. The old saying that FORD is an acronym for "Fix Or Repair Daily" has come true for me.

06 F150 SUPERCREW 2 WHEEL DRIVE 5.4 L
By f1raptor on 11/03/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Haved owned the 06 F150 SUPERCREW 5.4L now for 5 yrs and just turning 30,000 miles. No problems to date just change the oil every 5000 and keep driving. Going to try and push this truck anouther 5 yrs and see what happens, would buy anouther F150 if i had to.

Great Truck!
By oldblue12 on 08/02/11 09:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Super reliable vehicle! I am on my 2nd set of tires (Goodyear Silent Armors) whcih may have caused my mileage to drop a bit. I use to average 17.2 MPG mixed. Now it has dropped to about 16.8. I love the quiet steel Ford incorporated into the vehicle. Keeps the road noise to a very minimum! I also love the roominess. I wishi t had more interior storage though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.