Still flying in my FX4
By j.m. on
2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)
Well it's still going strong for me. Thanks to trailering about 8000lbs worth of horses from Jersey to Ohio, Virginia, etc. I now have close to 70,000 miles on it. I also pull my 66 Mustang to shows with it. What can I say, still in love. So much my other half bought an 08 Super Crew with the long bed. Mine is still squeek and rattle free. That suspension does it all, rides great, handles great, and hauls and tows like a beast. Sure, New Tundra is fast, but it is a tin can. Come on, "triple tech frame?' What is that? The Fords fully boxed frame from stem to stern rocks. The 5.4L does not really get bogged down when hauling or towing. Best truck ever!
Favorite Features
Fully boxed frame, 3 valve motor for towing/hauling, Great interior with great seats, audiophile sound system, suspension and steering, brakes saved my life while trailering my dad's boat up Rt 80 in PA when a semi jack-knife in front of me while doing 65mph, 4x4 awesome in snow & muddy dirt roads.
Suggested Improvements
Not much. I mean I have spent a lot of time in this truck over the last couple years and I love it. The seat fabric tends to get dirty quickly, maybe make the air conditioning a little more powerful for there is a lot of glass. Not much to dislike. I love the trucks and it still looks great.