Not Too Bad
By FordTruckGuy on
2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I've had my 2005 for about 4 months. When I first bought it, used, the front differential sensor was out and 4WD wouldn't engage. After the fix, it's been okay. Mine doesn't have the limited slip and is virtually useless in the snow, even with 4WD engaged. Other than that, the interior is great, ride is nice and it pulls my 23' trailer just fine. (With a bike and generator in the bed.) I have 33" tires and the fuel economy is horrendous. I get 10-12 empty and 6-8 with a trailer. (My trailer is about 4,000 pounds) I've had 3 previous F150's and they have been better off-road, but not nearly as comfortable as my 2005. Reliability hasn't been as issue with any of them, with normal maintenance.
Favorite Features
Interior. Seats are comfortable, backseat is roomy. Controls are easy to use and my wife likes the sunroof. If you change your own oil, this truck is one of the easiest. Filter is up front and everything is easy to get to.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is terrible with the larger tires. The engine needs some decent RPM's before it actually starts pulling. The 6-disk changer started skipping when I first bought it, but was quickly remedied with a cleaning CD.