Love this truck
By Mercedes Owner on
2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
This is the first American vehicle I have bought since US vehicle quality went down the tubes in the early 80's. I drive my truck on road and off, highway and local, through extremely bad weather (hurricanes) and I have not had a single problem with this truck. I've hauled lumber in the bed, and pulled single axle trailers with this truck, and it has been great. The sunroof and 6 CD changer has been great, the heated seats are fantastic, and the AC works fine in our 100+ degree summers here. Ford just sent me a letter extending the coverage on the fuel injectors for 10 years....but I have not had any problems. I use premium gas and get oil and tires serviced on time. This is a great truck
Favorite Features
The ride is as quiet as my 'Benz, and the truck behaves really well on very wet roads. The interior is perfectly comfortable for my 6'2" 220 lb frame, and the cruise control and steering wheel controls make long distance drives a pleasure. I get 15 to 16 mpg around town, 17 to 19 on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
Lift back seats 1/2" and mold a storage bin under the seats. I store lots of stuff under my back seats, but would like a built in bin to keep it organized. Put metal on top of tailgate to resist lumber scratches on top of short bed tailgate when hauling 8' 2x4s.