2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: let the buyer beware.....

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

let the buyer beware.....
By ritch5 on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

i'll start by telling that i am a ford motor company retiree with over 30+ years on the assembly line. my 2005 f-150 has lived up to the problems common to the 5.4L engine. sparkplug issues, timing and cam phasor issues, and a bad cylinder head to name a few. all difficult and expensive to repair. i have confirmed many of these problems with ford dealer mechanics, and private repair shop mechanics. as a group they all confirm that engine issues are becoming a big problem for 2005-2008 ford trucks, vans, and large suv's. the real problem lies with the manufacturer. ford is not backing up their claims of top quality and reliability. what a shame that they deny their responsibility!!!!

i'll also add that i'm sure most ford products are highly reliable and good quality. i like my trucks comfort, good ride, handling, towing capacity, and space.

ford definitely needs to address the mechanical issues common to the 5.4L engine and drivetrain. better gas mileage would also help a lot.
By littlejohn505
on 05/14/14 12:06 PM (PDT)

I had all the same problems including the window regulator on the driver side needing to be replaced 4 times. I HATE ford now. They have ruined us financially because we were into a very expensive truck they said the problems were all our fault. We took it to the dealer for every oil change and every service. They are the only ones who have ever done work on my truck. Look at that it still failed. Now it sits at the dealer getting an $8k new motor. betcha it fails again. I HATE ford. Do not buy a FORD they will NOT stand up for their product and will screw you take your money and run. What a joke!!!!