2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Incredible Ride, Great Truck!

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCab (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Incredible Ride, Great Truck!
By Rick on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm still having a hard time believing I'm driving a truck because the ride is so nice. I've made most of my friends and family members take it out so they can see for themselves. Soft, easy, quiet driving that eats up the dips and bumps on highways and back roads. I'm averaging 17.6 mpg. Excellent sound system. Convenient instrument panels. Locking tailgate is a must if you go near a city. I love the 22 inch deep bed, and the fact that the bed rail on this 4x4 is high, very high - it prevents an average person from easily reaching in to steal something from inside the bed. Overall a fantastic drive. Ford went beyond expectations with this truck.

Safety. This truck sets the safety standard in the industry per IIHS, which for me means everything when the family is riding with me. The quiet smooth, LTD Crown Vic-like ride. Keyless door entry. Stereo. Dealer installed video system with wireless headphones for the kids on long trips.

Go back to the 5 speed transmission used in the 2000 Expedition. And change nothing else.