2005 Ford F-150 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great Truck.....so far

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

XLT SuperCab (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Great Truck.....so far
By Jay on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 5.4 engine in this truck. So far so good. Bought in 5/2004. Looked at the Tundra, Titan and Sierra. In my opinion this was the best truck out there. This truck has lots of interior room unlike the access cabTundra. I have bucket seats with the HUGE center console - plenty of room for storage. Only complaints: not near enough room under rear seats and the standard tires are a joke. They need tires like the Titan. Right now I have 8,900 miles. In the summer I was averaging betweem 16-17 mpg (city & hwy). Winter avg is 15 mpg, but that's what you get with a big engine truck. New interior is awesome. Highly recommended. 1st Truck.

Favorite Features

Center console, speed control volume, very comfortable ride, large bed space, heated side mirrors, 8 cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

More room under rear seats. More stylish tire options for the XLT model. A little better looking dash. I'm not looking for luxury here, just a little something more.