Great Truck, Poor power train
By Rob on
2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I have had this truck for 27 months and up until this week I have been very happy with it and its performance. For a 4X4 I constantly saw 15mpg (city) and 20mpg (highway). I have had problems with the truck. Three months ago the 4 wheel drive system would try to engage 4 wheel low while I was driving down the road at 50mph. The local dealer repaired the problem within a day. Just after 37K miles, while driving down the road the truck stopped applying power to the rear wheels. I had the truck towed to the dealership and was informed I would have to replace the transfer case. If you are looking to own a vehicle for an extended period of time I would stay away from this product line.
Favorite Features
Appearance! It is the only truck on the market that I like both the interior as well as the exterior.
Suggested Improvements
Improve production quality as well as extend the basic power train warranty. If Ford cannot build a vehicle that cannot make it past 75K miles without major power train problems they should at least take care of their customers or stop building vehicles.