2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Great Truck, Poor power train

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

2005 Ford F-150

XL Regular Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Great Truck, Poor power train
By Rob on

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 27 months and up until this week I have been very happy with it and its performance. For a 4X4 I constantly saw 15mpg (city) and 20mpg (highway). I have had problems with the truck. Three months ago the 4 wheel drive system would try to engage 4 wheel low while I was driving down the road at 50mph. The local dealer repaired the problem within a day. Just after 37K miles, while driving down the road the truck stopped applying power to the rear wheels. I had the truck towed to the dealership and was informed I would have to replace the transfer case. If you are looking to own a vehicle for an extended period of time I would stay away from this product line.

Appearance! It is the only truck on the market that I like both the interior as well as the exterior.

Improve production quality as well as extend the basic power train warranty. If Ford cannot build a vehicle that cannot make it past 75K miles without major power train problems they should at least take care of their customers or stop building vehicles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review