2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Good strong truck

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Review

Good strong truck
By teeetertotter on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck because my other 150 has over 300,000 miles on it and I needed a new one. The engine on this truck is very strong. I don't really care for the electronic throttle control. It's rated at towing 9900 lbs but I've pulled over 14,000 and it pulled it really well. I've compared this truck with the GM truck and this truck seems to be better built. For example on my Suburban the doors are welded to the body and the weld has started to crack. Where as the Ford is bolted to the body frame. The transmission seems to be a little lose and that is supposed to be normal but it is a little annoying. Overall this is a great truck that has a good engine and is really a real truck.

Reverse sense system works really well. The layouts of the controls are really easy to get to and the interior is very quiet.

The truck is really good. I can't think of anything else to improve except maybe to offer more options on this truck